+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kelly Rowland - Judge & Co-Host

Kelly Rowland - Judge & Co-Host

Kelly Rowland
    Judge/Co-Host

Judge and co-host Kelly Rowland is a best-selling Grammy-winning solo artist and a founding member of Destiny's Child, the top-selling female recording group of all-time. Rowland proved a major contributing force to the group's record-breaking global popularity as they racked up sales of more than 100 million records worldwide while earning three Grammy Awards. She successfully debuted as a solo artist in 2002 with the album "Simply Deep," which sold over 2.5 million copies worldwide and included the hit single "Dilemma." The duet, with rapper Nelly, earned the Grammy for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration in 2002 and spent 10 weeks at No. 1 on Billboard's Hot 100. Her follow-up album, "Ms. Kelly," was released in 2007. Rowland has appeared in a number of television and film projects including the features Freddy vs. Jason, The Seat Filler (executive produced by Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith) and the television series The Hughleys and American Dreams. She also served as a choir leader on NBC's creative competition series Clash of the Choirs.

Link to Season 1 Bios at BravoTV.com
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 05-03-2009 at 02:53 AM.

Re: Kelly Rowland - Judge & Co-Host

She has ZERO personality as a Co Host.....what exactly are her qualifications as a judge?

She is really, really pretty...just like Heidi?

old cow

She is pretty and she was always my fav. from Destiny's Child but i think she was out of her element last nite. idk maybe she will grow on me as the season goes on but NO she is no Heidi! :nono

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Maybe she only seems "plain jane" because Isaac is so flamboyant. I don't really like perky, but she needs to be just a bit more enthusiastic. And it wouldn't hurt if she did something with her hair.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Kao

That lipstick shade she had on last night was absolutely delicious. It must be some sort of Bravo makeup artist concoction because Padma also wears delicious lip colors on Top Chef. It's like a shade darker than their complexions with a nice matte sheen, and I WANT IT!

Wow Kao, you are so observant! I need you to help me match a lipstick to match my skin!

I am sorry but Kelly Rowland may know fashion but a co-host needs a little bit of a personality, don't ya think? I hope she opens up soon.

I didn't like her, at all, at first and snickered when she listed her qualifications as having front row seats at fashion shows (uh huh so since I watch a ton of reality shows, does that make me qualified to host one too? I'm just saying....) Till she was talking to Isaac in the hallway after they had visited the designers and talked to each team. I saw a glimmer of something there. I think she just needs a chance to get used to hosting because there was definitely an interesting spark in that moment. Hopefully it wasn't just a fluke. I still don't think she's qualified but if they can draw out of her more of what she showed in the hallway, she could be a good hostess.

I couldn't stand Heidi, either, when she first popped up on PR.

But then, she relaxed into her role and grew on me.

I think it'll be the same for Kelly. ITA with Harmony about the talk in the hall with Isaac. I think there WAS something, there, then, too. Hopefully, whatever it was will grow as she settles in more.

Very pretty girl, BTW!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread