+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Fashion Show Season 1 - News & Speculation

The Fashion Show Season 1 - News & Speculation

From the official site.
    The Fashion Show premieres on Bravo on Thursday, May 7, 2009 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. Fifteen professional designers will compete in this fashion creative competition series for a chance to have their designs sold in the retail market and win a $125,000 prize.

Internationally acclaimed designer Isaac Mizrahi shares hosting duties with four-time Grammy Award-winning performer and actress Kelly Rowland. Mizrahi and Rowland will also serve as judges alongside fashion luminary and Senior Vice President of IMG Fashion, Fern Mallis.

Each week the designers will be put to the test and will have to face off in two challenges – the Harper's Bazaar Mini Challenge, judged by the magazine's Special Projects Director Laura Brown, and the elimination challenge. In the end, America will choose which contestant will have a clothing line available for retail and win the $125,000 prize.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Re: The Fashion Show - News & Speculation

So televiewers get to vote for the winner at the end of the series? Or is this a weekly vote?

FORT Fogey

Does anybody know where this competition is holding? Or where they held their auditions? Is it LA? Because a lot of the designers scream tackiness!

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3432808;
    Does anybody know where this competition is holding? Or where they held their auditions? Is it LA? Because a lot of the designers scream tackiness!
    Too funny.
    I think it's probably going to be NY, though.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

The winning contestant will have his/her line "available for retail"? What does it mean if something is available for retail?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maybe, IF a store/catalog wants to pick it up?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3434415;
    The winning contestant will have his/her line "available for retail"? What does it mean if something is available for retail?
    Or will it be like on the second to the last Project Runway? One of the designers (the Constant Crybaby) won the Levis challenge (by making a denim minidress with a ruffle along the the hem) and put it for sale online and someone bought all the dresses and put them up on Ebay for sale to the highest bidder? If that's the case... PASS on my purchase.

But I'll give the show a go...
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I really don't like shows where "America votes". I'll give the show a go on Thursday and then decide if I will continue to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3439039;
    I really don't like shows where "America votes". I'll give the show a go on Thursday and then decide if I will continue to watch it.
    Very American Idol/DWTS...IDK either...but I'm going to watch tomorrow too.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Will definitely tune in tonight, although there is no "thrill" for me like there is for Project Runway.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast