Here you can find answers to questions about how the board works. Use the links or search box below to find your way around.
Also, please note if you're NOT using a free image host, but your own personal webspace, please make sure you note that in your post. We don't know what your personal site is. You have to tell us, in the post, to avoid an infraction for hot-linking.
Please do not post tagged pictures. Please crop the picture to remove the tag or if that's not possible , please find an untagged version to post. Please do not give credit to the person or site who posted the original picture. An exception to the tagged picture rule is Dreamer who has kindly allowed us to post screen caps that she hosts.
Please do not include more than ten pictures or avatars in any one post. Some people are on dial up and it takes an age for posts with lots of images to load.We only allow articles to be posted from "official" news sources. This does not include other fan-sites, other TV boards, etc. If you do post an article from a real source, we must ask that you include a link to the original source. Please do not cut and paste posts from other reality sites or fan sites. If you read something at another site that you think will add to the discussion here, please paraphrase the post, do not cut and paste it here. The post will be removed and an infraction will likely be issued.
1) We want an intelligent, respectful member base.
2) No flaming, no baiting, no insults directed toward anyone other than contestants. Do not accuse others of "hating", call them "haters" or refer to disliking of anything as "hate'. It's far too strong a term to use on a reality tv website.
3) No discussions of racism, sexism, ageism, or any other ism.
4) Keep it PG-13. That means that "damn", "ass", "bitch" and "bastard" are acceptable, but anything beyond that is not and will be edited or removed.
5) The mods are the people in red. They are in charge of the site, and ONLY they are in charge of the site. If your name's not red, and you see something that violates our rules, you need to use the "Report Post" function (the little triangle sign under someone's avatar), or private message someone in red.
6) Add something of value to a thread, if you're going to post. Don't quote a whole post only to add "yeah that" or "I agree". Please do not post messages containing only smilies. Don't bother posting "so-and-so is soooo hawt!". These posts will be removed without notice.
7) Don't start a thread if another thread on the first three pages of a forum is similar and can be used instead. When you DO start a thread, make sure it's in the correct forum.
8) We have very little tolerance for people who use lingo, don't use proper English, type in all-capital letters, type in all-bold characters, or use excessive smilies.
9) Utilize our "Show Discussion" threads for discussions of that evening's shows, and don't start new threads to discuss what happened on that night's show, even if the night is over.
10) Our recaps are written by our wonderful writers (whose names appear in blue). It is impolite to use the recap threads to discuss the show--use the Show Discussion thread for show discussion. While you are free to disagree with the sentiments of the recapper, just as with basic rules for posting courtesy, it is inappropriate to post rude or baiting comments about the recap. If you catch a mistake in a recap, please consider common courtesy and alert the writer privately, not in the recap thread. Our writers work extremely hard in a volunteer position, so rudeness to them or attempts to "show them up" will not be tolerated.
11) Read our other rules. We expect our members to be familiar with them, and follow them, and don't expect "ignorance of the rules" as an excuse. Some sites have rules and don't enforce them - we're not one of them. Play nice, be good, and have fun.
Contestants of a reality show, having voluntarily agreed to appear on our televisions, are open for criticism and praise, and everything in between, assuming it falls within the bounds of the rest of our rules.
You don't have to agree with another member's opinion, but you DO have to respect it, and realize that it IS just an opinion, which may differ greatly from your own. Do not use the term "haters", refer to dislike of something as "hate". Please do not take it upon yourself to direct the discussion of a thread away from a topic you don't consider relevant. As long as people remain within our other rules they are allowed to discuss almost anything about a contestant in their dedicated thread. If you think a post crosses a line of being too off-topic please report the post, do not tell people to e.g. "get back to discussing the show."
Along the same lines, comments like "you must be deaf if you don't hear what I hear", "anyone who doesn't agree is an idiot", and so on are not acceptable. Additionally, we don't like the term "haters", because everyone is allowed to like or dislike anyone they choose, for whatever reason they choose. Practice the golden rule, and treat others like you would want to be treated.
Our contestant threads are NOT specifically for "only good comments" regarding that contestant. They are for discussion of that contestant, both good and bad. We are not a fan-site for any one contestant, or any one show.
Members who are flaming, baiting, or insulting other members will be removed from the site. And a special note here: if you ARE a contestant on a reality show, and you choose to visit our site, then you will be required to obey these same rules, and not insult our members for commenting on the characters on a TV show. We expect everyone to play nice.
If you want to send someone a tape, you may do so at cost for shipping and materials. You may not direct someone to a location on-line where they may download the episode, and you may not sell those tapes for profit on our site, even privately.
If we receive reports that a member is soliciting profit for tapes, we will take appropriate action, up to and including removal from our site. It's illegal, and we won't allow it on our site.
Torrents of episodes are ILLEGAL, and you will get an infraction for asking for them or giving our members information on where to find them.
We have recently changed our policy to allow links to youtube and other similar sites. You must not link to non-pg13 clips. Although we work hard to ensure the language at our site is pg13, users clicking links to youtube clips must bear in mind there is no such requirement for comments left at youtube. We cannot control what is posted there, so be forewarned you may come across coarse comments and adult language. Although links to youtube are now permitted we trust our site members will not abuse the rule change by over-posting irrelevant clips. We don't wish to see intelligent and respectful discussion give way to incessant posting of youtube clips.
We work extremely hard to bring members and visitors here and be the best we can be, and it is "theft", not to mention extremely poor etiquette, to attempt to direct our members elsewhere.
We DO allow the posting of "official" media articles, from real news sources, but we require a link to the original content on that site.
Users who link to other sites are responsible for ensuring the content at the site, at the time of posting, meets our pg13 rules.
Posts with links to other fan-sites, or articles posted which were written by other fan-site authors, will be removed immediately and without notice or explanation.
We also do not allow our articles to be posted on other sites. Our material is copyrighted by our authors, and re-publishing this material is strictly prohibited. If we discover our content on other sites, we will request that the administrator remove it. We may also take further action here against your account.
You must post a clear warning to other users if the page you are linking to contains content (language or pictures) that does not meet our pg13 rule.
Contestant MySpace pages are the one exception to the pg13 content rule. You must not link to other sites that contain non-pg13 content, even if you post a warning.
Obviously, we try not to take any action not supported by an actual violation of our rules listed, but sometimes someone is disruptive to the other members of our site, and when that happens, we will take action. All we ask of our members is that they act like the mature individuals we hope they are, and use common sense.