Here you can find answers to questions about how the board works. Use the links or search box below to find your way around.
Please do not post tagged/watermarked pictures that denote ownership by another reality TV forum or site. Please crop the picture to remove the tag or if that's not possible, please find an untagged version to post. Please do not give credit to the person or site who posted the original picture. An exception to the tagged picture rule is Dreamer who has kindly allowed us to post screen caps that she hosts.
Please do not include more than ten pictures or avatars in any one post. The system won’t accept your post with more than ten image links, so you will need to split the images among more than one post.We allow informational articles to be posted from a variety of news and entertainment sites. This does not include other TV fan-sites, or other TV message boards. If you do post an article from a real source, please include a link to the original source. Please do not cut and paste posts from other reality sites or TV fan sites. If you read something at another site that you think will add to the discussion here, please paraphrase the post, do not cut and paste it here. The post will be removed and an infraction will likely be issued.
1) We want intelligent, respectful discussion from members.
2) No flaming, no baiting, or personal insults directed toward anyone other than reality TV subjects/contestants or other public figures are allowed. Do not accuse other users of "hating", or call them or groups of anyone’s fans "haters". We consider it too strong a term to use on a recreational reality TV website.
3) No discussions advocating racism, sexism, ageism, or any other –ism meant to harm or offend others.
4) Please keep your language PG-13. That means that "damn", "ass", "bitch" and "bastard" are acceptable, but and the usual crop of four-letter words will cause your post to be hidden as a “Moderated Post” until a staff member sees it and edits out the offensive word before approving the post.
5) The moderators are the people whose names are in red. They are in charge of the site. People whose names are in gold or blue are also on staff, and have some moderating powers. If your name's not one of these colors, and you see something that violates our rules, you need to use the "Report Post" function (the little triangle sign under someone's avatar), or send a private message to a mod.
6) When you post, try to add something of value to the thread. Don't quote a whole post only to add "yeah that" or "I agree", or just a smiley. Post what’s on your mind!
7) Before starting a new thread, search the forum you’re in to see if another thread exists that can be used instead. Whenever you start a thread, make sure it's in the appropriate forum.
8) Part of Item 1 (intelligent, respectful discussion) includes your posting style. We have very little patience for people who post as if they are tweeting, don't use proper English, type in all-capital letters, type in all-bold characters, or use excessive smilies. There are style buttons in the reply area for stylizing your words, but please use restraint. The readability of your post may vary depending on which skin users have chosen to display the board.
9) For reality shows in the uppermost forum area, "Show Discussion" threads are started specifically for live discussions of that evening's shows. In many cases, the rest of the threads in that forum will be locked until the new episode has aired in all US time zones. Don't start new threads to discuss what happened on that night's show, and if you have something to share about a specific contestant/character, wait until the threads are reopened and use that character’s personal thread to post, if bio threads have been made for that particular show.
10) Our TV show recaps are written by our wonderful writers (whose names appear in blue). It is impolite to use the recap threads to discuss the show and not the recap -- use the Show Discussion threads for show discussion. While you are free to disagree with the sentiments of the recapper, just as with basic rules for posting courtesy, it is inappropriate to post rude or baiting comments about the recap. If you catch a mistake in a recap, please consider common courtesy and alert the writer privately, not in the recap thread. Our writers work extremely hard in a volunteer position, so rudeness to them or attempts to "show them up" will not be tolerated.
11) Read our other rules. We expect our members to be familiar with them, and follow them, and don't expect "ignorance of the rules" as an excuse. Some sites have rules and don't enforce them - we're not one of them. Play nice, be good, and have fun.
Contestants of a reality show, having voluntarily agreed to appear on our televisions, are fair game for strong criticism and praise, and everything in between, assuming it falls within the bounds of the rest of our rules.
You don't have to agree with another member's opinion, but you DO have to respect it, and realize that it IS just an opinion, which may differ greatly from your own. Do not use the term "haters", refer to dislike of something as "hate". Please do not take it upon yourself to direct the discussion of a thread away from a topic you don't consider relevant. As long as people remain within our other rules they are allowed to discuss almost anything about a contestant in their dedicated thread. If you think a post crosses a line of being too off-topic please report the post, do not take it upon yourself to tell people to "get back to discussing the show."
Along the same lines, comments like "you must be deaf if you don't hear what I hear", "anyone who doesn't agree is an idiot", and so on are not acceptable. Additionally, we don't like the term "haters", because everyone is allowed to like or dislike anyone they choose, for whatever reason they choose. Practice the golden rule, and treat others like you would want to be treated.
Our contestant threads are NOT specifically for "only good comments" regarding that contestant. They are for discussion of that contestant, both good and bad. We are not a fan-site for any one contestant, or any one show. If someone doesn’t like who you like, don’t take it personally and feel the need to “even the score.” Everyone gets a say here.
Members who continually flame, bait, or insult other members will be removed from the site. And a special note here: if you ARE a contestant on a reality show, and you choose to visit our site, then you will be required to obey these same rules, and not insult our members for commenting on the characters on a TV show. We expect everyone to play nice.
You may not use forum posts to direct someone to a location online where they may download the episode, and you may not sell copies for profit on our site, even privately.
If we receive reports that a member is soliciting profit for copyrighted material, we will take appropriate action, up to and including removal from our site. It's illegal, end of story.
Torrents of episodes are ILLEGAL, and you will get an infraction for asking for them or sharing information on them in any thread. Torrents of episodes are ILLEGAL, and you will get an infraction for asking for them or giving our members information on where to find them.
We allow links to videos on YouTube and other video sites. You must not link to non-PG-13 clips. Although we work hard to ensure the language at our site is PG-13, users who click links to video clips must bear in mind that they are leaving FORT for another site with its own set of rules. We cannot control what is posted there, so be forewarned you may come across content that might not fall within our rules. Although links to YouTube et al are now permitted, we trust that our members will not abuse the rule change by flooding threads with irrelevant clips. We don't wish to see intelligent and respectful discussion give way to incessant posting of images and video clips.
We work extremely hard to bring members and visitors here and be the best we can be, and it is "theft", not to mention extremely poor etiquette, to attempt to direct our members elsewhere.
We DO allow the posting of "official" media articles, from established news/entertainment media sources, but we require a link to the original content on that site.
Users who link to other sites are responsible for ensuring the content at the site, at the time of posting, meets our “PG=13” guidelines.
Posts with links to other fan-sites, or articles posted which were written by other fan-site authors, will be edited or removed without notice or explanation.
We also do not allow our articles to be posted on other sites. Our material is copyrighted by our authors, and re-publishing this material is strictly prohibited. If we discover our content on other sites without our permission, we will request that the administrator remove it. We may also take further action here against your account.
You must post a clear warning to other users if the page you are linking to contains content (language or pictures) that does not meet our PG-13 guidelines.