+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Episode 3 - 03/18

Episode 3 - 03/18

"Episode 103" -- A sexy masseuse visits the mansion, catching the eyes of the men in the family and creating jealousy among the women; secret alliances start to form behind Uncle Mike and Aunt Donna's backs; the family competes in a high seas regatta, with the winners enjoying a thrilling sunset jet ride and the losers swabbing the deck on the yacht; and eliminated family members are shocked to learn that they will be relegated to TV dinners while the rest of the family enjoys Franck's haute cuisine, on "The Family," TUESDAY, MARCH 18 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

"The Family" follows the exploits of an extended clan of 10 family members as they compete to win a million dollars on a Palm Beach estate, with their every need attended by a full domestic staff. Each episode they compete in fantasy competitions for amazing prizes and also in elimination contests. The elimination contests result each week in two losers, whose names are put before a secret board of trustees-the household help. The identity of the secret board is hidden from the family until the final episode. Each week, one family member is eliminated, but they all stay on in the house, competing in the fantasy competitions. And, in the last episode, the family itself will vote for one eliminated person to re-enter the competition for the million dollars. So far, Cousin Robert and Cousin Melinda have been eliminated.

The series, which is the first internally created project for ABC from Buena Vista Productions, is executive-produced by Arnold Shapiro and Allison Grodner, who helmed "Big Brother" 2 and 3. Mindy Moore ("The View") is co-executive producer. Danny Salles is director. "The Family" is produced by Buena Vista Productions in association with Shapiro / Grodner Productions.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Actually, based on some of the comments during the first show, some of them might actually prefer the TV dinners!

Did anyone else not like the way that Robert and Melinda had to eat TV Dinners? If I were them, I would've eaten some of the TV Dinner to hold me over for a while. Then, I'd just go to the kitchen on my own time later and get some more food.

My hubby and I thought that the tv dinner was a little harsh & somewhat humiliating.

FORT Newbie
    Maybe the producers thought the players were getting used to their "status" and wanted to remind them that it's just a game and they're really not entitled to anything.

+ Reply to Thread