+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of this show?

What do you think of this show?

I didn't see it the first week, but I decided to give it a watch this week, & all I can say is that is a perfect cure for insomnia! I thought it to be very boring. I'll give it one more week to see if it gets better, but if it doesn't, then I'm done with it.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I thought this week was better than last week, Holly. I like the concept, and I find some of the personalities on the show are just freakish enough to keep me coming back. I optimistic that it will continue to improve as the weeks go by.

And I love George Hamilton, so it's got that going for it.

I didn't know the show started!

I couldn't imagine anyone backstabbing their families to the extent that was shown on TV. What is considered a "winner" in this? It sounds too sad.

I'll more than likely see it anyway, maybe. At least just to see George Hamilton! Hahaha!

B
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Originally posted by Kocky_Kamikaze
    I couldn't imagine anyone backstabbing their families to the extent that was shown on TV. What is considered a "winner" in this? It sounds too sad.
    Yeah, it's ridiculous isn't it? Somehow I feel that there isn't much love in this family.

Anyway, I'm still watching it...

I didn't want to watch it, but I got pulled in. It is pretty sad the way this family treats each other. But, truth is that there are lots of families out there that, in the same situation, would behave the same way. I can tell you that if I had an Aunt Donna I would be ruthless in getting rid of her, too.

Well, I watched it again this week, hoping that it would redeem itself, but no. This show just isn't holding my interest. I'm done with it.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey

Green Eggs and Ham -- George, that is

George Hamilton has found his dream part at last. He can overact here to his heart's content and it fits into the already tacky format of this show.

I watched the first episode, missed the second, and just finished watching my tape of the 3rd one (yes, I had been putting it off until now).

A more odious family would be hard to find, from the top of the heap consisting of Uncle Michael and Aunt Donna (Belladonna - deadly nightshade!) to the likeable Mike and everyone in between, they are the stuff of which nightmares are made.

Maria has the most class and that's not saying a lot with this bunch. Dawn Marie is right down on the last rung and she knows it, which makes watching her antics particularly painful.

My favorite part is hearing the comments of The Board of Trustees which consists of some very droll characters. I particularly like the butler (Andrew), the housekeeper (Linda) and the French chef (Frank Porcher) who lets nothing deter him from serving these lowlifes some fabulous dishes. Now that's dedication!

I will keep watching if just to hope for the eventual downfall of Uncle (or should I say Don) Michael and Aunt Donna. They are just nasty.

I like this show. I was trying to think of a good reason why, but I can't.

I hope that either Mike or Dawn Marie wins.
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

searching for reality voyager265's Avatar
    I like this show alot. I think the family is funny and annoying at the same time. And I think we are getting to the point where as the more family members that get eliminanted the more interesting it will get. I imagine that there are alot of interesting conversations going on that we aren't getting to hear.

But I am a reality show junkie and the choices right at the moment are not great (ie..Married by America, All-America Girl) other than Survivor. I really wish that The Amazing Race & The Mole would come back.
    Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I don't really understand the point of this show. I mean I know someone wins the money....but there apparently is no strategy...just this bunch of Soprano-wannabes backstabbing each other for an hour every week. And whazzup with the servants? They (the family) have to be morons not to figure out that the servants are in on the act. Go figure. I still think this show somehow ain't coming out right.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast