+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Episode.... wow

First Episode.... wow

Wow... I wasn't really quite sure what to expect from this show, because I hadn't even seen a commercial for it... I can tell you that after watching this first episode... My hearts go out to the servants working for them! Thank GOD they are the ones who will eventually choose who should win the money... This family is SO rude, and SO NYC! lol I couldn't believe it when Aunt Donna was telling the french CHEF that she needed canned tomatoes, and that her family didn't eat fresh parsley... etc... she went ON and ON telling him what she wanted him to get for their dinner on sunday... I wanted to SMACK her! She was so rude, I was glad that they got to see exactly how she acted so soon... they will no doubt kick her out as soon as she is one of the selected family members.... The family went on to make complete fools out of themselves, and the only two whom I can stand at ALL are Cousin Maria, who seems to not fit in at all, I am wondering exactly WHOS cousin she is... she isn't around the family much, which is a good thing, as long as they dont all turn on her... she didn't get anyone that voted for her to go in front of the council... I think I am rooting for her! The other person that I can stand (like would be too strong a word) is cousin Mike... who *did* for whatever reason fold his dirty napkin back up and put it in the holder, and then pretend it was a bow tie .. which was a little.. wel... stupid, but he *DID* thank the chef, and thank the maid, adn tried to help everyone... he seems like he has a good heart, just is rough around all of the edges... he is who should win I think... It's going to be rough seeing as how he is only related by blood to one family member, which is his cousin... that makes things tough.. the family is going to team up on him.. hopefully he will beat them all! Oh.. and what was with Donna saying that she would rather have a bowl of maccaronni and cheese instead of the crab and all the food they were serving her? She NEEDS to be a bus driver.. it fits

Dang, I forgot to set the VCR on this. Wayner better do a bang-up recap

I'm glad to see Cousin Mike doing well, since he appeared from the pre-show stuff to be the one with the best attitude.

Donna is awful.
    Ugh.

I enjoyed the show, I think it has potential.

Cousin Mike is being ganged up on somewhat as he's a cousin of a cousin and the main family don't feel he's really a relative.
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.
    right, I think Cousin Mike is a second cousin, as he's only a blood relative of Jill's. He's got the support of at least a couple people on the staff, though, so Mike has legs.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I really hated the game they played with the presents.
    It was horribly random by the look of it, depending basically on which station you chose to stand at.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Did anybody think that the last fifteen minutes were totally cheesy?! They just made it so dramatic with the daytime soap opera effects such as the music, the camera switching from face to face, the lighting... I hated the way George Hamilton would look, especially after the board of trustees made their decision and he said "I'll let the family know," and he looked like he had to let them know one of them died. They knew it was going to be one or the other. Up until that though, I thought it was okay.

How he said 'I'll let the family know" was soooooo overly dramatic.
    You have to expect cheese from George though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Overly dramatic is exactly what George was through the entire thing! Too many fourishes and eyebrow olympics.

I can not believe how rude and arrogant this family is. They are desipicable with each other and the staff. So far the only one I would want to have the money is the sweet distant relative Cousin Mike. He is so much more pleasant than the rest of the family. I like that there is a wildcard of sorts in this process so even if they gang up on Mike he still has a chance to win. It should also keep these people from eating each other after they are eliminated.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    You have to understand that George is all about drama and overacting - that's his deal. I couldn't help but laugh at almost every word the guy said.

I agree with Fluff, the weak part of this show so far is the "challenges." But the people, well, let's just say that I'm going to have fun writing about them.

Recap should be posted late tonight.

Ok--this was not on last night at ten! I left a tape in the VCR just in case it came on at 11...but what the heck? Anyone else on Mountain Standard Time encounter this?
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast