+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Episode.... wow

FORT Newbie
    Originally posted by John
    That's hilarious that this person came in to work and pretended nothing was up...I would SO give that person crap for their behavior, and ask what the heck they were doing.
    Nope. In this situation, trust me, we can't approach this person. Maybe someday, but not now. It's a touchy thing. We need to stay on 100% good terms with this person at the moment.

Ah, that sucks. See, I'd be doing lots of stupid stuff, like leaving them voicemail with recordings of some of the really stupid stuff they did on the show...Leaving a copy of Mario Puzo's "The Family" on their desk when they go to lunch...Changing their screensaver to a collection of the worst vidcaps from the show I could find...Finding some really cheesy George Hamilton merchandise to leave lying around at odd times...etc.

FORT Newbie
    Hmmmm.... I think I'll mention those ideas to people who are a little more distant from the situation. *evil grin*

I don't care if George Hamilton's persona is all about overacting. It's getting to me. My wife and I want him to disappear...NOW! That phony laugh and all those over-rehearsed lines he was delivering. Augh!

Anybody else get the impression that Cousin Mike already knows who the board of trustees is? Maybe he's always that nice, but he took special care to thank the chef and help out the housekeeper. I think he knows.

The "games" are ridiculously poor, especially the gift-opening one.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Originally posted by spegs
    Ok--this was not on last night at ten! I left a tape in the VCR just in case it came on at 11...but what the heck? Anyone else on Mountain Standard Time encounter this?
    Hey, spegs! We share a time zone. Where you livin', girlfriend?

10PM shows in the Eastern and Pacific time zones air at 9PM in Mountain and Central. That's why they always says, "8, 7 central" or whatever. I don't know why prime time is shifted up an hour in the middle of the country, but it really threw me when we moved to Colorado from California.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Welcome 2Real4Me!

And don't worry, those of us in middle America realize that while this family as portrayed on the show might embody every stereotype we've ever had abut Italian Americans from the NY area, we know all of you up there aren't like that. Just like I'm in Colorado, but I'm not wearing cowboy boots. :nono

I'm a Phoenix gal--what? you didn't catch my staunch defence of Arizona over in the Bachelorette forum?
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

(Of course I'm only MST half of the year--then it's Pacific...why is Arizona the only state in the union that refuses to engage in that ridiculous institution known as "Daylight Savings Time"?)
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

If you guys had Daylight Savings, you'd fry even worse than you already do.

Didn't catch the Arizona defense 'cause I didn't watch The Bachelorette.

I thought that Indiana refused to go with DST too? I could be wrong.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast