+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Episode.... wow

Ok--my bad. It comes on at 9 here. Which is good for next week, so I won't have to stay up late, but bad for last night. Anyway, I'm with John--we're counting on you Wayner! No pressure.

"Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

The Family (1st episode)

With so many So called Reality shows on TV I was glad to see one that might actually resemble a real situation.
    Oh Of Course, not often does a middle class working family get to share in the luxury pass-times of The Palm Beach crowd, but given the fact that they are there in Palm Beach enjoying such, I think the Show works.
    The Head games that the family are sure to get involved in, when competing for a cool million, are more likely to resonate with any one who has shared a vacation with members of an extended family, than Sticking your head in a cage with a Possum or sitting in a pool of Blood sucking leeches.
    Get past the stereotypes and I think this show is a winner.
    The Godfather Font for a LOGO was too much.
    Any way I like it, and will be watching next week to see who Tells the social director Ringo to get a real Job.
    ElTee

"Did anybody think that the last fifteen minutes were totally cheesy?!"

No way dude! it was perfect! esp this part,

"I'll let the family know" hahahaa

FORT Newbie
    I don't get it. I caught the show after it had already began but it doesn't seem that everyone's family-family. How are they all related to each other. If it's really as I suspect; that's kinda lame if they're not all immediate family or cousins and uncles.

they are all related, but some (like mike) are only blood relatives to one... his cousin is Jill... so he is VERY distant relative to the rest of the family, and even said he doesn't really feel like family.... and one of the girls said that she doesn't see them often... so this will make it more likely for them to stab each other in the back.... I think the show has potential, as long as the family acts a little less ignorant.... oh, and what was UP with all of the stereotypes?! This is an italian family, so of COURSE they all seem like they are in the mob or something, the head of the family smokes his cigar, and looks like he is going to off someone, Donna is an italtian woman, so of course she needs to tell the chef about crappy meat, and stuff she needs to make her italian dinner... I just thought that was a little stupid... then again, so is she... so nevermind
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

I really enjoyed the first ep of this show, and am looking forward to see how things develop. I'm such a sucker for the humble underdogs, so I'm already rooting for Cousin Mike. I hope he makes it through to a Zora-like victory! I am really nervous that the family seems intent on pushing him out, but I hope the staff (excuse me "Secret Board of Trustees") sees the kindness in him and keeps him on.

Anyway, about stereotypes...I hate to say it, but my husband has Italian family in New York and some (not all) really do act like that! It made me laugh even harder at the show!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Newbie
    Originally posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Anyway, about stereotypes...I hate to say it, but my husband has Italian family in New York and some (not all) really do act like that! It made me laugh even harder at the show!
    I couldn't laugh. I'm just disgusted. I am aquainted with one of the family members, which is the only reason I'm watching this show and joined this forum. I just have to vent! Aaaaaak! This person actually came to work on Wednesday, as if absolutely nothing was different, and everybody pretended the pink elephant wasn't there. I'm embarrassed for this person even if it turns out they get the million.

Sad to say, this family actually embodies the stereotype. A woman in my office remembers Donna from when their kids went to school together in Bensonhurst, and she was then as she appears now. The behavior and language of these people, unfortunately, is typical in a large social circle here. I grew up with a clean mouth in one section of Brooklyn and then spent a time in Bensonhurst where I temporarily picked up the habit of cursing, in the same way as a traveler acquires a local accent. Yuck! (not f...!) But I never became arrogant or inconsiderate.

This family's crude ways are surpassed only by their stupidity. THAT's not typical for New Yorkers. They must have been picked for gullibility. I mean, hello... you're in a reality show... everything you do may be broadcast on national TV.

Imagine all of the above spoken in a thick Brooklyn accent. Hey world! MOST OF US HERE ARE NORMAL! (Thank you, I feel better now.)

2Real4Me, Thank you for letting us know how you feel and welcome to FORT. We understand that stereotypes are not true to the reality of the majority. The people that are the loudest and most obnoxious from any group/area get the attention and the rest of that group/region are stuck with the label. Though we are entertained by this seemingly crude family; we understand that they are not representative of an entire state. We just seek to be entertained and then further entertain ourselves by talking about their foibles. We encourage you to join us and dispell the stereotype that plagues your region. Get to know us and lets us get to know you. We are a pretty good group of people. Post often and be entertained. Enjoy the FORT and make sure that the FORT is an enjoyable place by including your thoughtful posts.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Wow, I read that whole post in a non-Brooklyn accent, until the very end

That's hilarious that this person came in to work and pretended nothing was up...I would SO give that person crap for their behavior, and ask what the heck they were doing.

FORT Newbie
    Thanks. It should be interesting reading everyone's comments on this show as the weeks go by.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast