+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George Hamilton - The Host

George Hamilton - The Host

George Hamilton's public persona has perhaps overshadowed a career that encompasses the stage, television and dozens of films. While still a teenager, Hamilton won a plum role in Vincente Minnelli's Home From The Hill. The role captured the attention of the public and launched a long and successful career. Hamilton has also been seen in Eight Heads in a Duffel Bag, Once Upon A Crime, the latest Crocodile Dundee film and Doc Hollywood. Hamilton has produced three of his starring pictures: Evil Knievel, Zorro, the Gay Blade and Love at First Bite. He most recently was seen on the big screen in Woody Allen's The Hollywood Ending and in OffKey.

His exuberant outlook on life was on display when he hosted the nationally syndicated daily talk show, The George & Alana Show, which ran for a year, and he has appeared in over 50 movies and numerous TV movies and shows, including London's BBC production of Ernest Hemingway's A Farewell To Arms and Birds of a Feather, and ABC'S Dynasty. In 1998 he co-starred with Jenny McCarthy in the series Jenny. He has also been seen in Barnum, Hart to Hart and Vanished.

Proving his versatility, Hamilton has appeared in stage productions including Barefoot In The Park, Gigi, and The Philadelphia Story. He starred on stage in the A.R. Gurney award winning play, Love Letters, for a limited engagement in San Francisco last year.

He had his first book published in September 1998, Life's Little Pleasures.A dedicated fitness buff, his day begins with a workout, sit-ups and push-ups, and after taking care of business affairs, a game of tennis or golf. Winter weekends, weather permitting, find him on the ski slopes and in the summer, he turns to swimming and riding.

And, as always, there is Hamilton's time in the sun. Certainly the nations, if not the world's, most ardent worshiper of the golden orb, Hamilton has parlayed his dedication into a line of Skin Care Products and the George Hamilton Sun Care. He also has "Hamilton's Cigars", a signature line of cigars, designed for connoisseurs.

Replaced with official bio and pic from the Family website

Ahhhh! Please make him go away. What a pretentious, overacting goon! Maybe he'll fall down the stairs in the second episode and put us out of our misery.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

The thing I noticed about George is that he is not nearly as tan as he usually is.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

You'd think with all that white hair, the normal tan would stand out dramatically. He looks bleached.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by Paulie
    Ahhhh! Please make him go away. What a pretentious, overacting goon! Maybe he'll fall down the stairs in the second episode and put us out of our misery.
    Heretic! I love George. The guy has made a living off of being a characature of himself!

Yes he really has.

I doubt most people could name a single movie or show he's been in.
    He's famous for being famous.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by fluff
    Yes he really has.

I doubt most people could name a single movie or show he's been in.
    He's famous for being famous.
    I can name one, but that's all....Love at First Bite. One of my all time favorite movies.

I like ol' George. Sure he's cheesy--but he's the KING of cheesy! He's a BON VIVANT!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

The only movie I remember him in was Zorro, The Gay Blade.

I remember him from the Old Navy commercials - does that count?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast