+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: George Hamilton - The Host

  1. #11
    It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    But being blue is more work.
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,952
    Originally posted by fluff
    Yes he really has.

    I doubt most people could name a single movie or show he's been in.
    He's famous for being famous.
    In addition to "Zorro - the Gay Blade" that Paulie mentioned, I think he was also in "Love At First Bite" and a movie about Evil Kinevil as well. And he was on Dynasty.

    But for as famous as he is, he hasn't been in much, has he?

  2. #12
    iluv2CUsmile
    Guest

    George doing "George" its a gig.l..

    Hey I get it, George is just doing the gig.
    He gets to be concerned, and then he gets to
    be Mr. Fantasy island.
    What more can a guy his age ask for?
    Now about the show....
    Welllll. Errrr. ummm zzzzzZZZZzzzzzzzzzz.:O

  3. #13
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565
    Was never a huge Ham-and-Tan fan before "The Family", but I'm really looking forward to seeing him on the rest of the run. He's found his true purpose, and its to stand in opposition to the Aunt Donnas, Uncle Michaels and Cousin Dawn Marie's of the world and be the exact opposite thing to snark on to give us a short break from mocking them. Ham-and-Tan RULES as the host of this show.

  4. #14
    You don't say! Snowbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    35
    Posts
    87
    Really? He totally annoys me. He acts way too dramatic. But I guess that goes with the dramatic music they play in the background during the elimination process.

  5. #15
    Retired! hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    in a good place
    Posts
    27,046
    I've been waiting all spring to see him get hit by a golf cart while he's up on some platform watching the action. They kept showing it in previews but took it off the air before they got around to the episode where it happens!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

  6. #16
    Premium Member dagwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    salt lake city ut
    Age
    43
    Posts
    19,118
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I've been waiting all spring to see him get hit by a golf cart while he's up on some platform watching the action. They kept showing it in previews but took it off the air before they got around to the episode where it happens!

    I can't wait for that episode, either. I still love George.

  7. #17
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbie
    Really? He totally annoys me. He acts way too dramatic. But I guess that goes with the dramatic music they play in the background during the elimination process.
    That's the WHOLE point. He's a HAM. And Tan. Ham-n-Tan!

    Look at it this way. Remember Elaine's boss, J. Peterman on "Seinfeld"? Ham-n-Tan is basically playing THAT role.

  8. #18
    You don't say! Snowbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    35
    Posts
    87
    Krom, you're right!

  9. #19
    It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    But being blue is more work.
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    That's the WHOLE point. He's a HAM. And Tan. Ham-n-Tan!

    Look at it this way. Remember Elaine's boss, J. Peterman on "Seinfeld"? Ham-n-Tan is basically playing THAT role.
    Good one, Krom. Hamilton is more famous for being Hamilton than for anything he's really ever done. He's a characature of himself. He's pure cheesiness, and he cracks me up. I don't think they could have done a better job of selecting the host for this show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.