+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Family

The Family

I laughed out loud at the premise of this show.

I have only seen one advert but from what I saw it sounds like a family moves into a house to live like millionaires. At the end it is the STAFF that decides who gets the money.

My husband turned to me and said "Well, we would win that one"
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

The other interesting thing about this is that no one actually goes home. So, even after you're eliminated, you have to stick around with the rest of the family.

What would really be interesting is if you were eliminated and then had to be part of the service staff.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

part of the staff, but not allowed to decide you got the money That would be funny.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

The real drawback, like with Joe Millionaire, is that if it is a success, it will be hard to come up with a sequel. Once people know the gag (i.e. the butler did it), it won't work again.

I see that, despite the above, there will be another JM--I just bet the brilliant FOX execs were able to come up with a great concept that will surpass the already brilliantly done original (*sarcasm*)
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    The sad thing is that despite how much we all rip on JM, it bagged 36 million viewers it's final week and Evan and Zora made the cover of People.

The Family

It seems the point of this show is to have a famliy compeet against itself and posibly break it up and make them get mad at eachother.....Have I missed anything?
    Peace

Reading the premise for this, I think it could be interesting. Watching Joe Millionaire, one of the aspects I ended up following curiously was Paul's interaction with the girls (e.g. was this girl polite? was this girl nasty & selfish?).

I think how people treat the "help" is a good litmus test for character. People tend to treat service workers like they aren't even human, and often let their masks fall and reveal their real, many times unpleasant selves. I personally am very uncomfortable around people who treat workers in the service sector rudely or badly--I think it reveals either selfishness or a callow nature.

Or it could turn out to be yet another cheap spectacle. Oh well, we'll see.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I could not agree with you more Snowflake Girl! I was a waiter for seven years, and I got to see people without their masks a lot. One time I was waiting on a guy that was clearly on a date and he was trying to impress his beautiful date, but was being a complete ass to me. I knew my tip was already doomed, so at one point I finally looked at her and politely asked "Does he treat you this way, too?" She laughed. Goodbye tip. It was worth it though - he was mad and she had a fabulous smile.

I'm looking forward to this one--it's just the kind of show that I would love to see my in-laws on (beside seeing them as pirhana food in the amazon...*sigh* fantasies...)

I agree that one of the best parts of JM was watching Sarah abuse the help and insulting her through my tv set.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast