+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

9/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread only until after midnight Eastern. Posts in other threads, which contain ANYTHING about tonight's show, posted before midnight will be deleted without notice, per our standard policy.

Thanks, and enjoy the show!

Wow. Pole standing. Kind of neat, actually, despite the fact that it SOUNDS boring.

Dawn's "Little Indian" song was hilarious. She's got so little brain to distract, so it was easy for her.

Props to her for willpower, I guess.

Okay, no shock. Mike won the vote, and he might have even been gambling on that. Maybe he let Dawn win, as hard as that is to believe.

Time for the board "reveal". I wonder... does the board knock out another person? And THAT person goes against the loser returnee (yes, probably Uncle Asshole...)? I think it would have been more fair to have a final three setup.

EDIT - the commercial seems to indicate this will be the case--the board knocks out one more... but the method of the final victory for the family's choice vs. the board's choice is still VERY unclear.

I think the board will be VERY split between Mike and Dawn. No matter what I think of Dawn personally, several of them are going to applaud her sheer willpower, even over their obvious liking for Mike.

EDIT AGAIN - Nice fake-out with the board! Lots of people THEY have seen and we haven't. So even Mike may not have known, because I'll bet he knew it was servants, but I'll bet he didn't know which ones.

Nice cream colored suit, George!

Anthony is the worst sport ever about the board. What a blind delusional punk asshole. Oh, speaking of that, listen to the loud mouth Queen Bitch!!! Good lord, the board was SO totally validated, as much by their bitter words and the excellent cross-editing while they complain and moan. And I heard a few Uncle Mike barbs in their as well, although it sounds like he had trouble getting a word in when Aunt Nightmare got going full steam.

The editing is so pro-Mike that maybe we will get a twist. Although Uncle Scumbag giving his endorsement felt SO wrong, on so many levels.
    Last edited by Krom; 09-03-2003 at 10:40 PM.

You're so right about Anthony and Donna.

Donna doesn't have a fricken clue. Who is SHE to judge. I'm sure Mike knew that the servants were the board. Loved the hugs he gave everyone.

Dawn's been growing on me lately. I feel bad for her and I think she was sincere when she said she hoped she hadn't offended anyone.

Listen to the rats jump on the Dawn ship when they smell dependence on her. And they will go right back to disrespecting her when they've got their money (although we all know that these prizes are like 20 year annuities... so what can she really do? Slip everyone an extra $20 bill every week?)

I'm still smelling a possible twist. People love an underdog, and I guess she's become even more of an underdog than Mike. Of course, another reason that the board COULD rule for Mike is they may conclude that Dawn doesn't have the backbone to stand up to her scumbag relatives in the long term. Her backbone in the house has been defiance more than decisiveness.

Wow, Ringo is fickle. :-)

Dawn's whining at the very end is SO eroding the little respect she'd built up though.

The staff's comments about the Family were gracious... but I wonder if they'd have been so nice if they'd gotten to see some of the comments made about them, and their decision making.

Damn commercial! What freaking timing!
    Last edited by Krom; 09-03-2003 at 10:54 PM.

FORT Newbie
    I thought UM was a 'financial planner'. Since when does $500, 000 divided by 9 equal a fortune?? What is that -about 60,000? Nothing to sneeze at(if anyone wants to give me 60K I PROMISE I won't sneeze at it) but a fortune it ain't.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfluffy
    I thought UM was a 'financial planner'. Since when does $500, 000 divided by 9 equal a fortune?? What is that -about 60,000? Nothing to sneeze at(if anyone wants to give me 60K I PROMISE I won't sneeze at it) but a fortune it ain't.
    And its in miniscule monthly payments, divided by 20 years or so.

Mike won. But for the first time EVER they revealed the voting. 3-2, and I actually think that Ringo was one of the Dawn votes.

Dawn took it very well. But I'm having trouble forgiving her freak-out when the voting was going on.

Uncle Scumbag talks again about how proud he is of Dawn. Cause he needs her vote to get back in.

Post credits: Wow, the Stylist was the other Dawn vote. I thought for some reason it might have been Franc, who had a weird soft spot for her despite her driving him batty.

Its driving ME batty not knowing what the criteria for the final victory is. It's being implied that the board has no say in it... is it simply a competition? It better be a doozy.

If that was the case, wouldn't Dawn--who has won a lot of stuff--actually be the logical person to put back in? Or does Uncle Scumbag and Aunt Harridan's new love for her not go that deep? Then again, she might whine her way out of winning ANYTHING. Isn't it weird that she was a better loser than she was as a potential winner? What does that say about her?
    Last edited by Krom; 09-03-2003 at 11:03 PM.

The best episode of a reality show I have ever seen. Flat-out entertaining. I'm happy that the most interesting "characters" lasted to the near-end. Dawn Marie is just too real, too funny, the most engaging personality I've seen on television in a long time. Mike played the part of the nice guy so perfectly you just wanted to root for him. I would've been satisfied if either were chosen by the judges. I'm just glad there's one more episode left of this soon-to-be-defunct show.

FORT Newbie
    the money isn't annunity its a cash prize dont know where you get your info!!

Quote Originally Posted by petrocel7
    the money isn't annunity its a cash prize dont know where you get your info!!
    Okay, if you know that for a fact, I bow to your superior knowledge. But then that would make this one of the few Reality shows ever to pay in a lump sum.

God.. I am so psyched.. I want Mike or Dawn to win it all.. Though of course, I am rooting for Mike.. He is such a sweetie..

Is he still single? Anyone know where to reach him?

No seriously, he really is a true gentleman and a rarity left in this world I feel. I really really really hope he wins!!! or DM

That was one of the best episodes I ever saw on Reality TV.. I seriously hope that ABC considers bringing it back for summer line up. Though I have a feeling the next family would be much more back stabing.

One thing I did learn from this is, not every family in America is like the Jerry Springers I really think this family is a genuinely traditional family and despite their short comings, are a good family together and would go to bat for each other per say..

I mean imagine if someone like "Aliwhore's family" that was put in similar situation, can you imagine the mellow drama? (Fyi.. if you don't know who aliwhore is.. She is on Big Brother 4)

Yeah!!! Go Mike!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast