+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 08/20 Episode Description

08/20 Episode Description

THE FAMILY LEARNS FENCING AND RACECAR DRIVING, AND OUTCAST RELATIVES ARE OFFERED A CHANCE TO SEEK REVENGE, ON "THE FAMILY," WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 20 ON ABC

One fortunate family member receives a phone call from home, and the entire family suits up for a lesson in the art of fencing. Driving skills come into play as the family competes in a race course challenge for a luxury sports car. In a new twist, outcast family members vie for an opportunity to win cash and seek revenge by sending two relatives before the Secret Board of Trustees, on "The Family," WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 20 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network. George Hamilton hosts.

"The Family" follows the exploits of an extended clan of 10 family members as they compete to win a million dollars on a Palm Beach estate, with their every need attended by a full domestic staff. In each episode they compete in fantasy competitions for amazing prizes and also in elimination contests. The elimination contests result each week in two losers whose names are put before a secret board of trustees -- the household help. The identity of the secret board is hidden from the family until the final episode. Each week one family member is eliminated, but they all stay on in the house, competing in the fantasy competitions. And, in the last episode, the family itself will vote for one eliminated person to re-enter the competition for the million dollars.

The series, which is the first internally created project for ABC from Buena Vista Productions, is executive-produced by Arnold Shapiro and Allison Grodner, who helmed "Big Brother" 2, 3 and 4. Mindy Moore ("The View") is co-executive producer. Danny Salles is director. "The Family" is produced by Buena Vista Productions in association with Shapiro / Grodner Productions.

This program carries a TV-PG,L parental guideline.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I was laughing so hard when Aunt Donna mowed down George Hamilton with her golf cart. He was losing it too which caused me to laugh even harder. What a great episode!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

+ Reply to Thread