+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 8/13 show discussion *SPOILERS*

oh, that is her husband? I wondered who the hell he was! lol
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Helmut Huber is Susan's real-life hubby.

wow... very close!
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

LG.
    ah, that makes sense Giz. I had no idea who that guy was.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    Dawn Marie mentions their last of sex for 15 days. Brilliant editing with the needle sliding across the record to a screeching silence.
    I think that was the winning part of the conversation catagory.

Her husband Helmut is from Innsbruck, Austria and he came to America in his mid-twenties. He's a classically trained chef and was working at The Garden City Hotel in Garden City, Long Island when he and Susan met. She was 17 and just finishing high school and he was 29 and divorced. I've read that he has two kids from his first marriage, but I don't believe anything I don't hear from Susan's own mouth, and she did say in an interview a couple of years ago that she is his second wife. She was working as a Hostess in the dining room of the hotel and he was her boss. He actually ran the Food and Beverage Operations for the whole chain of hotels. They liked each other at that time but didn't pursue it because of the age difference. Susan went away to Drama school at Marymount College and ended up getting engaged to a young man. Her engagement party was held at Garden City Hotel and Helmut ended up sitting at the table right across from Susan. A while later he heard that her engagement has been broken and he started to call her a lot. She finally agreed to go out with him. He proposed on their third date but she made him wait for an answer. In the fall of 1970 they were married, possibly September 13th. In the spring of 1975, their daughter Liza Victoria was born, and in February of 1980, their son Andreas Martin was born. When he was born, Susan had the flu and was quite sick, and he was delivered C-section. Later that day the nurse came into her room and said, "Don't be alarmed, but we can't bring the baby in to you." It turned out that he had stopped breathing in the nursery and was turning blue and they had put him in the Intensive Care unit for babies. He had all sorts of wires and tubes attached to him. Luckily he had just caught the flu from her and he was fine a few days later.
    I have heard Susan say that they were married on the 13th, Liza was born 13 days late and Andreas was born 13 days early, so 13 is their lucky number. That's kind of a neat fact.

Susan and Helmut still live in Garden City, Long Island with their kids and their dog, Oscar. Susan's parents come and stay with them sometimes, but as far as I know they live in Florida. I've read that she has one brother, James. Susan and Helmut also own a ski villa in Colorado and a house in the Hamptons. They'll be celebrating their 29th anniversary in a few months.

LG.
    OMG, just saw an ad for the NFL kickoff concert on ABC and Aretha Franklin is HUGE. She was never petite, but when did that happen? Seriously, she's doubled.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

LG.
    cool stingrays

How on earth did the team with Dawn Marie win the "conversation" category?

LG.
    OK, so the dinner party team that lost is being "punished" by having to listen to Opera. How funny. I thought Opera was Italian. Nice.

LG.
    Barry Manilow is NOT COMING

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast