+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Can't They Figure It Out? Board of Trustee's

Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    I actually feel pretty badly for these folks. I mean, did they realize that so many of them would come off looking so foolish on TV?
    I keep thinking how different it would be if it were my WASPy family. Most of my extended family is fundie Christian, we all get along, most of us don't drink, at least one branch of the family (my aunt&uncle and their kids) sold all their material posessions but for the clothes on their backs and moved to a muslim country to proslyetize illegally.

I think this family was the perfect choice for this setup, in that light. And you know Aunt Donna don't care what we think!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

The staff is in love with Mike. They like him a lot. If Mike does know, or has an idea it might be the staff you know he's not going to tell anyone else. I wouldn't. It would be foolish to tell anyone else. Also, what I don't like about the BOT is they talk about what he or she would do with the money if they won it. What do they care what the winner does with the money, it's not theirs. "Oh, I don't want her to win it because she might piss it off after a few years!" It's none of their business what the winners does with the money.

Quote Originally Posted by BBfan
    From what I've seen on the show a couple of the HG has talked about who the board might be. One said the board has to be around to watch them. And the other HG said no, or not necessary.
    Are you talking about the conversation which took place between Mike and Anthony on the balcony while the rest of the family was attending a table-setting lesson downstairs?

Anthony suggested that the staff might be the BOT, but Mike was suspiciously quick with a denial of that possibility.

I'm convinced that the producers accidentally on purpose mentioned who the BOT are while Mike was within earshot.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BBfan
    The staff is in love with Mike. They like him a lot. If Mike does know, or has an idea it might be the staff you know he's not going to tell anyone else. I wouldn't. It would be foolish to tell anyone else. Also, what I don't like about the BOT is they talk about what he or she would do with the money if they won it. What do they care what the winner does with the money, it's not theirs. "Oh, I don't want her to win it because she might piss it off after a few years!" It's none of their business what the winners does with the money.
    I totally agree, BBfan! Andrew in particular goes on and on about how the winner should do "great works" with the money. I have a fairly comfortable middle class existance. If I won a million dollars I wouldn't quit my job; I'd just invest more than I do now, and max my kids' college funds asap, and hopefully retire earlier than I planned. To me, my childrens' future is all the "great works" I'd be worrying about.

Quote Originally Posted by sheela
    I'm convinced that the producers accidentally on purpose mentioned who the BOT are while Mike was within earshot.
    Nah. MIke's hardly a genius, but compared to the rest of these folks, he'a as close as they are getting.

The conversation about who the BOT might be was between ED and Mike as I recall, not Anthony and Mike. And Ed never suggested that the staff was the BOT--at least in the edited state we saw--he simply asked if the board had to be around to watch them directly. Mike said "not necessarily".

Of course the BS about needing high manners and doing charitable things is a crock, concocted to give the staff stuff to say. After taxes--quite steep on "game show winnings", that million bucks will be cut down quite a bit. And like all reality show winnings, it won't be in a lump payment anyway--it will probably be in an annuity over 20 years or so. Ergo: Nobody's life is changing--at best they are simply getting enough extra money each month to raise them up a few tax brackets, assuming they keep working their normal day jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Nah. MIke's hardly a genius, but compared to the rest of these folks, he'a as close as they are getting.

The conversation about who the BOT might be was between ED and Mike as I recall, not Anthony and Mike. And Ed never suggested that the staff was the BOT--at least in the edited state we saw--he simply asked if the board had to be around to watch them directly. Mike said "not necessarily".

Of course the BS about needing high manners and doing charitable things is a crock, concocted to give the staff stuff to say. After taxes--quite steep on "game show winnings", that million bucks will be cut down quite a bit. And like all reality show winnings, it won't be in a lump payment anyway--it will probably be in an annuity over 20 years or so. Ergo: Nobody's life is changing--at best they are simply getting enough extra money each month to raise them up a few tax brackets, assuming they keep working their normal day jobs.
    Well said, Krom.

I remember back in the first episode when Ringo wanted to vote off Mike because he couldn't imagine someone with Mike's tatoos being accepted at a country club.

The BOT acts like the winner will be living in 19th century England where selecting the wrong fork would be a major scandal.

Even if they were handed a million bucks cash tax free, they could still wear flip-flops & drink beer. This is America, man!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    I suppose they feel the need to have some criteria to decide amongst this assortment of family, hepcat. Really, though, I doubt Cousin Mike is going to try and join a country club with a measly million bucks.

I wouldn't doubt that the director gave them directions to go about the discussions in this manner.

But a million bucks? I can see the following conversation taking place after the show:

Winner: I won a million bucks on TV.
    Response: Good to know. I usually tip you valets when I pick up my car, but you just saved me five bucks.

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    You know, I can't speak for the family...except for the fact that they're a bunch of idiots.

Maybe the family seems to believe that George Hamilton himself is the head of the board of trustees...did you notice how much they suck up to him when he shows his obviously fake bronzed face?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast