+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wondering about the aftermath

FORT Newbie

Wondering about the aftermath

A few months have passed now since the show was made. I can't help but wonder what the aftermath of the experience has been on the Family -- their relationships with each other and others who know about the show -- before, after, and ongoing, and what the winner did with the winnings. There ought to be a post-series interview show so we can intrude more upon these lives while they think their 15 minutes of fame is being extended to 20.

More than "a few months", I'd say. If its typical for a show like this, it would have been made several months before the first episodes aired back in March. It didn't look like summer in Palm Beach on the show, so it still could have been as long ago as 9 or 10 months ago.

And very likely the winner has been waiting all this time for the money (which like all of these shows certainly isn't going to be in one lump payment anyway--more likely an annuity over 40 years or something)

FORT Newbie
    True and truer. I'm thinking holiday dinners, weddings, christenings, wakes... it's gotta be interesting.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Yeah, my guess is that when ABC told them that they were being preempted for war coverage, and couldn't spend any money until the finale, the winner probably said "You've gotta be freakin' kiddin' me!" Rumor has it that cousin Anthony splurged on an entire new set of doo rags anyway.

Speaking of Anthony, is it just me or was the show end music with Anthony on the catch-up episode different from the first time they showed his little mirror posing/lotion rubbing incident? I seem to remember it as originally being a little more "Saturday Night Fever" or something. Maybe someone at ABC thought it was politically incorrect or something (heaven forbid!).

Quote Originally Posted by 2Real4Me
    A few months have passed now since the show was made. I can't help but wonder what the aftermath of the experience has been on the Family -- their relationships with each other and others who know about the show -- before, after, and ongoing, and what the winner did with the winnings. There ought to be a post-series interview show so we can intrude more upon these lives while they think their 15 minutes of fame is being extended to 20.
    If Mike wins it, no loss to the family dynamics. They don't like him anyway. If any of the other wins, I'll bet you dollars to donuts there's a heap of hostility. If they keep all the money, obviously, the rest will be mad. If they share the money, everybody will think they didn't share enough. It's just like those lottery winners who, after a year or so, end up with no friends and hostile relatives - everybody thinks they didn't share enough.

Personally, I hope Mike wins.

Is this on tonight?

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbie
    Is this on tonight?
    Yep, 10pm, 9pm Central and Mountain.

Saturday Night Fever

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Speaking of Anthony, is it just me or was the show end music with Anthony on the catch-up episode different from the first time they showed his little mirror posing/lotion rubbing incident? I seem to remember it as originally being a little more "Saturday Night Fever" or something. Maybe someone at ABC thought it was politically incorrect or something (heaven forbid!).
    Yup the first time the show was on they did that, the Saturday Night Fever type music. It was extremely amusing and cute.

+ Reply to Thread