+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8/16 episode preview (spoiler)

8/16 episode preview (spoiler)

Family Plots
    Movin' on
    After a whirlwind romantic weekend, Rick brings his new girlfriend to Poway Bernardo Mortuary. Shonna and Emily are dying to meet her, but they hope that she'll arrive before their sister--and Rick's ex, Melissa--gets to work. Meanwhile, Chuck oversees a memorial service that brings back haunting memories.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    So this series has started back up? I had no idea.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

???

I'm confused...has it started back up? did it ever really end???
    You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em...

I thought there were only so many episodes of this and that it had ended, especially since this forum was moved to the graveyard. I guess I was wrong. I'll have to add it back on to my viewing schedule.

FORT Newbie
    Origanally there were 13 episodes, however, A&E and Hybrid films recently completed negotiations with Poway-Bernardo and within those negotiations was the release of, at this time, three new episodes (14, 15, and 16).

Who runs Poway Bernardo? I've heard it's either family owned or run. Is that true?

Did anyone watch last night? I'm getting real tired of hearing the "Life and Loves of Rick and Melissa", so I really didn't care about 1/2 of the show. I was kind of surprised when he said that when he told that woman he was going to Arizona alone that she got all pissed off. Why? You two hardly know each other, for cripes sake.

For me, the most interesting part was Chuck and the funeral for the Vietnam Vet who killed himself. It was good to see that Chuck actually does have a little more depth to himself than just being a skirt chasing ex-boxer. He said that he missed Vietnam because of being married and having kids. He stated that he had felt very guilty about that and they had had friends (former vets I think) who had also killed themselves. What surprised me was when he said that if he hadn't achieved sobriety, that he would have probably killed himself and that he wants to remain sober and not waste the gift that God has given him. I thought Chuck came off much better last night than in other shows.

I watched it and I agree with you about Rick and Melissa.

They showed this side of Chuck during an episode where he had to transport the body of an elderly lady. I really like Chuck and am glad they show more than one side to him.

one episode to go...

this was a good episode. it's nice when they show a softer side of Chuck. The whole Rick and Melissa thing has really run it's course though. They always show Melissa out on her own doing things that makes her come off as totally self-absorbed. Something weird was up with Rick and this new woman. I can't put my finger on it, but something is weird. His daughter had dollar signs in her eyes when she looked at him, that's for sure.
    You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em...

FORT Newbie
    Who runs Poway Bernardo? I've heard it's either family owned or run. Is that true?
    Rick is the General Manager of PB and "runs" the day-to-day operations (although as evidenced by what you see on the show, Shonna and John do most of the real work). The mortuary itself is family owned, but not by the Wissmillers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast