+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8/16 episode preview (spoiler)

I'm curious to know what someone in his position actually does. All jokes aside, I'd like to know. He doesn't meet with families, he doesn't arrange funerals...I hope his main responsibility isn't to make sure they follow the law or the whole place is up **** creek.

I thought I was the only one watching this show since the whole thread got moved to the dead area...

Now something I don't get.
    About the whole Melissa and Rick thing.
    Why would she care if he had went out on a date?

From the way she talks about him... she obviously does not give a sh*t about him. (she made that obvious in last week's episode) It seems to me she would be grateful that he has moved his interest else where.

So I am puzzled by the sisters behavior as if Melissa would care what Rick was doing. Looks to me that the only thing Melissa would miss is his credit cards. haha!

But Melissa is right to have dumped him. She likes living alone. Does not want to answer to anyone. Then Rick is not the man for her. He obviously wants to control things... and she is not interested in being control. Makes me wonder if she was married before and learned all this first hand....

Quote Originally Posted by dannielle2
    I'm curious to know what someone in his position actually does. All jokes aside, I'd like to know. He doesn't meet with families, he doesn't arrange funerals...I hope his main responsibility isn't to make sure they follow the law or the whole place is up **** creek.
    I would think his main job would be cash management & full charge bookkeeping. He would be the one to take the ass whipping from the owners if the cash flow was screwed up. And the bills were not getting paid. (And if there is a parent company that handles the bills, Rick would have to be the one who signs off on everything that comes into that building.)

Unless you work around accounting you probably would not know that its a full time job just to keep up with where your money is at. All business rely on how quick you get paid. And with the funeral business... I hate to be the one who called up the family wanting to know when they plan on paying off the bill. Very few people can pay for it all at once. They rely on insurance to help. And all that gets sticky. I bet Rick is the man making those calls too.

From what I have seen with what goes on in the office with the girls... none of them are doing the books and handling the A/P & A/R duties.

Shelley
    Rick must do something around there but it amazes me how often he's just standing around talking about all the disfunction lol. Did everyone else feel uncomfortable with how Rick's daughter dragged him around shopping just so he could pay for everything. Seems like she just wants him there long enough to spend some major money. I really hope they let us in view the first meeting of Rick's new squeeze and Melissa, that's the only part of that whole romance collision I want to see. I'm sure Melissa will have her nose out of joint. Having Rick heartbroken over their breakup must be a bit of an ego booster for Melissa, so it's going to be abit of a problem seeing him with someone new. But it's obvious she doesn't have any love for him, but it must really be tough for her shopping now without his credit card hahaaa!!
    Two thumbs up for Chuck!!! He really was sensitive and caring this week. He does have his moments. I think they like showing us the naughty Chuck just to make it more fun... he's definately a complicated man lol. But he's one of the main reason's I tune in each week, to see what Chucks gonna do!!

FORT Newbie
    Rick talks out of both sides of his mouth> He always gushing on about how he is still in love with Melissa and would never want to to anything to hurt her, then he rakes her over the coals and meets a new woman at Starbucks and they go off for a weekend about 5 minutes after they hook up. So what does he really want? He wants to her hurt just as bad as he did when she dumped him. I don't think she is going to care, sounds as if she has moved on and gotten over him. I bet Melissa and his daughter Lexxie did have a lot in common , going shopping and spending his money. I wonder how many of these shopping trips they go on. How about spending some real time with her and not just along for the ride to pay the bills. The new girlfreind did a lot of hair tossing, and while we're at it she's the one that needed the root job! I agree that there is just a little something not right about her abd Rick> Emily picked up on that when she said it sure was fast after the breakup and they got intament just a little too fast. Chuck did come off as an old softey on this show. I actually think he is pussycat at heart and just puts on that gruff exterior for show. He was really sweet at the Veterans funeral nad was moved almost to tears talking about his freinds and family members who had comitted suicide. I would love to see him meet a nice lady that who just blow his socks off. I think he is funny now , wouldn't he be hilarious punch silly in LOVE!

KylieBlue

Rick is such a drama queen!

I agree that Rick talks out of both sides of his mouth. After all his antics and childish behavior the last few weeks (or is this the behavior of an alcoholic?) now he needs to save face by pretending he has this new girlfriend. Makes him seem like "the man" ya know! lol But really folks, he just wants to make Melissa jealous in one last pathetic attempt to get her back! Notice that when Shonna confides in him she fears the same thing that suddenly Rick doesn't "need" the new girl to go with him to see his daughter! Don't believe she was P O'd either, as Rick claims.

He sure talked up the new girl and made sure he brought her in to parade around, she looked a little uncomfortable with the situation if you ask me. But, did you notice that she gave Shonna a big hug! Something isn't being revealed here, I think Rick and her already knew each other, not buying the met at Starbuck's thing at all. Especially Rick's story that she had her eye on him for two years! LOL

Love Chuck! He is just so damn funny and likeable. He has become a lot more complex than he was first made out to be!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12