+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 7/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

7/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread only, until at least 12:30am Eastern.

Thanks, and enjoy the show!

Emily really doesn't have any business working there, she is affected by dealing with death too much and Rick is really being an pissant about the breakup.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Emily needs to dump that goofball husband. She clearly can't stand the guy & I can't say I blame her.

I thought it was nice that girls wanted to set their dad up on a date, even though he acts like a perv 99.9% of the time.

I had no idea they even HAD a brother until tonight. Nice looking guy from what they showed. Rick was pretty rude to him tho.

Did we see Emily use the toilet on this show? It sure looked like it! I guess she's um, very comfortable in front of the camera???

Somebody needs to take Rick out back of the mortuary and give him a good, old-fashioned, no-holds-barred beatdown!

And Rick thinks CHUCK is a loon?!?

Puh-LEEEEEEse!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

A few things:

Was it really necessary for the camera to follow Emily into the bathroom?

Why did they invite Rick in the first place? I wouldn't invite my boss to a family get together.

Did he actually kiss Emily on the forehead when he apologized?

I thought it was funny how Chuck said he'd tell the girls that he did like Von better and then they'd beat Von up.

I'm confused. Did Emily lie to her husband about the price of that rug? And what about that "check post dated for three weeks"? I can't imagine a business would accept that.

I just about died when Emily's husband said to Chuck "You don't know how to handle women." I was amazed that Chuck restrained himself so well.

I'm confused. Did Emily lie to her husband about the price of that rug? And what about that "check post dated for three weeks"? I can't imagine a business would accept that.
    Yep, she lied. The rug was actually $249.00 she told him it was $139.00.
    I don't blame her, sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Other things:

Was I imagining things or did Von sound all choked up when he was first talking with his dad?

Maybe I'm being thickheaded, but what was the big deal with the car and Von not being able to drive it? If there's a chance you might punch someone out for telling you that you can't drive that car, then you really need help.

Chuck must have the tiniest apartment in the world. Is that his bed next to the couch in front of the TV?

Emily really needs to decide whether all this stress in her life is something she can handle or not. I don't know if I was seeing things, but it looked like she almost had thinning or balding areas on her scalp.

I still think Sugar (the cat ) should be the star of the show. That cat's facial expressions when she's around Chuck are hilarious. That "up and down" look she gave him as he was walking around getting ready for the date just about killed me.

The car thing....

Quote Originally Posted by dannielle2
    Other things:
    Maybe I'm being thickheaded, but what was the big deal with the car and Von not being able to drive it? If there's a chance you might punch someone out for telling you that you can't drive that car, then you really need help.
    I was also confused about the whole car issue...
    Now this is my take on it...

It sounded like Chuck and Von arrived... with Von driving Melissa's car... to Emily's home that night.

And Rick was po'd about it.
    (Was it Shonna that said the car - Saturn, was Melissa's car that Rick gave her?)

Then Emily said the same thing... that it was not a company car. It was Melissa's personal car. But Rick is out there on the curb tossing a fit stating it was a company car and Von could not drive it cause the insurance would not cover Von, if there was an accident. But the girls kept saying it was Melissa's personal car. That appearantly Slick Rick had paid for & probably put on the company insurance policy.

I tend to think Rick was only there cause he thought Melissa was going to be there. And he saw her car... got excited and then "BOOM" out crawled Chuck from the car. And being the jerk Rick can be he started in on Chuck.

And to top all that off... Emily was already dealing with her husband being a jerk. But I got to wondering if this was the next night after the girls went out for their night out. (That was shown on the first episode.) Then the next night Von came to town... and they had this dinner planned. Like they were trying to give the filming crew alot of background to work with... and its turned out to be the main part of the show now.

I am kinda of thrown off on the storyline time frame... it seems alot happen in a couple of days with these girls that has been cut up into several shows. It also got me to wondering if Melissa broke up with Rick within the first couple of days of filming. It would explain alot about his general attitude.

This show is getting more and more confusing. A phrase from MST3K kept popping in my head recently: "A series of random scenes that abut each other to form a TV show". It's a good thing there isn't a Family Plots drinking game where you'd take a swig everytime you see a scene that you've seen before. I'd be dead of alcohol poisoning in no time. It's getting so repetitive, I'm wondering if they filmed over the course of a week, cut the film up into random pieces and pasted them together at will.

+ Reply to Thread