+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family Plots show #8 Gotta find a woman, Gotta find a woman!!!

Family Plots show #8 Gotta find a woman, Gotta find a woman!!!

Gotta find a woman, gotta find a woman!!!
    (with apologies to The Jimmy Castor Bunch)

Opening shot: Chuck in his car talking about how he likes women. Unfortunately for him, he only looks at the ones younger than his own daughters... like he has a chance in all 7 layers of hell scoring with one of them!!! According to the three daughters, dad doesn't get out much. If you listen to Chuck, he's a playah and doing good! I am placing my bet on the daughters version. So the girls decide that they are going to list him on a couple of dating sites. David says that he found his wife on Match.com and she was one of the first to respond to his ad, which gives the girls hope that they can find someone for Chuck and keep him busy with dating and out of their hair. With the help of Dave and Rick, the girls do the profile and post his picture, this is good since it lets the ladies know what so many years of boxing does to a face Things must be tough for the ladies in San Diego cause he gets 140 views in 24 hours and bunches of replies. The girls settle on one lady and set things up for a dinner date if Chuck approves, even calling the lady to talk over the phone for a final feeling out and daughter OK Shonna breaks the news to Chuck about what they have done, and he takes it very well, looks at the pic of the lady and agrees that he would go out with her. whatthehell!!! He better say yes to the date cause Shonna says if he doesn't, then he is going to end up a lonely old grouchy man. I have news for you Shonna, he is there already! The date doesn't go as the lady was flying in from L.A. and her plane was super delayed. So another time for Chuck. Next day Emily shows Chuck a pic of another one, we don't get to see it but from what Chuck says... she has LOTS of Personality!!! and Nixes it.

David is taking care of arraignments for a reclusive lady that died and has no family left to do things. Two neighbors came in to make finals and he goes through it. The lady had multiple locks on her doors so Dave shows a wood casket that has multiple locks on it. This should make her spirit happy and rest peacefully. She is delivered to the cemetery where the neighbors say goodbye and she is resting comfortably.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    Gotta find a woman, gotta find a woman!!!
    . . . The girls decide that they are going to list him [Dad] on a couple of dating sites. David says that he found his wife on Match.com and she was one of the first to respond to his ad....
    Red flag #1!

. . . The date doesn't go as the lady was flying in from L.A. and her plane was super delayed. So another time for Chuck. Next day Emily shows Chuck a pic of another one, we don't get to see it but from what Chuck says... she has LOTS of Personality!!! and Nixes it . . .
    Who of us hasn't used the "my plane was delayed" (flat-tire; need-to-wash-my-hair; and/or have-to-clean-out-my-sock-drawer) excuse when, after careful consideration, come to our senses and bail on the guy?

David is taking care of arraignments for a reclusive lady that died and has no family left to do things. Two neighbors came in to make finals and he goes through it. The lady had multiple locks on her doors so Dave shows a wood casket that has multiple locks on it. This should make her spirit happy and rest peacefully. She is delivered to the cemetery where the neighbors say goodbye and she is resting comfortably.
    This part was particularly sad. The people at the funeral home put together a graveside funeral, and two people showed up. Her neighbors. Every chair was empty.

I particularly liked the way the they showed the reactions of the employees at the funeral home. Family Plots shows us a glimpse into the lives of this family, and how it shows different aspects of the characters we would not normally come into contact with. They are caring, and at times emotional. I can't help but notice how respectful the so-called cast is toward the deceased and their families. The gentle manner in which they touch the caskets and the pride they take in their work is refreshing and consoling.

Well, this episode certainly opened my eyes. I guess one side effect of all those blows to the head was a tendency to live in a fantasy world of romance for Chuck. "I don't date ladies, I date girls" -
    There's nothing more impressive than a 63 year old man who wants a woman 1/3 his age, right? I mean there are lots of 20 year old women looking to marry a man old enough to be their grandfather, with no money, a big mouth and a bad memory. It's funny how a man that age will think that's reasonable, but the odds of a woman that age trying the same thing are a billion to one. I agree with Shonna that if he doesn't change his attitude, he'll never have anyone.

I don't know which upset me more: A & E deciding to show it at it's regular time (even though they had changed it earlier in the day) or seeing Chuck spray cologne (?) down the front of his underwear. I spent the entire evening saying "I can't believe he did that on camera". :nono

FORT Newbie

Chuck Is Awsome~

OMG I just found this web site and I am SOOOO excited!
    First Of All before I read past post I got to Say I Think Chuck is The Most awsome Man! And I heard him say that he likes red headed young women.And I am red headed and Young and think hes HOT!
    I am His #1 Fan good lord

FORT Newbie
    Oh Nooo I just read the first post. Chuck DOESNT ever got to change anything. And I am 36 and i go out with Chuck in one min. Hes so Awsome to me. I think his daughters are great, But he doesnt need to change anything hes perfect just the way he is.

I did get a good laugh out of him trying to make time with the 411 operator.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckIsAwsome
    Oh Nooo I just read the first post. Chuck DOESNT ever got to change anything. And I am 36 and i go out with Chuck in one min. Hes so Awsome to me. I think his daughters are great, But he doesnt need to change anything hes perfect just the way he is.

Would you elaborate a bit on why you think Chuck is "awesome"?

I have only watched one episode and while I can understand that we would see things differently it is difficult for me to see how you came to your conclusion. Perhaps I am missing something about this man that you see. From my point of view he has some character issues regarding his view of women that would be a deal breaker.

ok as a 23 yr old, i would not go out with someone 40 yrs older than me, but that doesn't mean there isn't someone out there willing to go out with chuck seriously. my uncle was a year younger than my gran and he and my aunt were quiete happy right up to when he passed away, so you can't knock it completely.

I have only watched one episode and while I can understand that we would see things differently it is difficult for me to see how you came to your conclusion. Perhaps I am missing something about this man that you see. From my point of view he has some character issues regarding his view of women that would be a deal breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandimonia
    ok as a 23 yr old, i would not go out with someone 40 yrs older than me, but that doesn't mean there isn't someone out there willing to go out with chuck seriously. my uncle was a year younger than my gran and he and my aunt were quiete happy right up to when he passed away, so you can't knock it completely.
    My objection is not the age difference but his character issues.

yeah i agree with you with the character issues too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast