+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Family Plots 4/26 show#4 Office Romance?

Family Plots 4/26 show#4 Office Romance?

The Dating Waiting Game.

Pull up a chair and hunker down for a long tale of romance and intrigue. The romance is between Rick and Melissa, the intrigue is why Chuck wants to smack Rick for dating Melissa. He gets mad when Rick kisses Melissa in front of him, I mean the lady isn't a teenager anymore, whats the deal Chuck? The bad thing about Rick and Melissa dating is that they butt heads alot and bring their spats and fights to work with them, making for a pleasant day of work for the rest of the crew. Nothing like the boss coming in grumpy to speed the day along. Shonna is swamped with work, already looking at working late and has to mediate various clashes during the day, part of the reason being that Rick doesn't like confrontation so he dumps it off on Shonna to deal with. Rick says he loves Melissa and states the various reasons why, Melissa says she loves Rick but can't seem to find the words why. Or is it that she isn't really sure its everlasting love or just right now love. He wants to be married, she is holding off, I guess its the old adage, looking for Mr. Right but dealing with Mr. Right Now. Chuck is mad cause he had to work out of town for a day and Rick didn't reimburse him for lunch, that he buys everday in town. He thinks cause he was out of town the boss should pay. I guess the brain shifted on him again. Later in the day Rick does pay him back so that he won't have to hear Chuck whine for the next two weeks about it. Shonna has Melissa deal with arraignments for a family due to her workload. Melissa hasn't done anything with arraignments before so she is in a panic. Getting through the scheduling and such, she gets Shonna to finish the paperwork cause Rick pawns it off on her. Remember that anti-confrontation attitude of his, it extends to dealing with grieving families too. Rick is getting burnt out badly! He does end up dealing with the preparations of an abandoned baby that a group takes care of funerals for. It affects him and now a days moreso due to his 24 year old son dying of a heart attack from complications of bad kidneys. He states that the business has driven his family life away since there are no holidays, birthdays or any other special days. This is the life of the service industry, there are no special days, everyday is a work day. The end of the day finds Chuck happy that he got his lunch reimbursed, Rick is happy cause Chuck isn't whining, Melissa got through the day, and Shonna predicts a workday ending around 8 pm for her. She does need help in the embalming room, though she says its feast or famine. You get hit with a bunch coming in all at once and then quiet for days.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Rick and Melissa? HMMMMMMMMMM...I cant see the two of them together. Either can she...is that why she can find no words? He says he loves her...she says....nothing.

Dad seems to be a major pain in the butt. No wonder he only has his cat waiting for him at home.

Shonna is working her bleepity bleep off.

Enjoyed it again, Ilikai!

Somewhere down the line, I think Shonna's gonna just blow one day.

And when and if that happens, everybody had better watch the hell OUT!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I have said it before and I will say it again...Shonna is just so darn likeable! She is both tough and sweet AND overworked!

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl
    I have said it before and I will say it again...Shonna is just so darn likeable! She is both tough and sweet AND overworked!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

138 is twice as fun
    Melissa is a beautifull women,what the hell is she doing
    with that loser Rick??..she needs to look beyond the workplace
    for romance!!

Was I the only one bawling when that tiny little bundle was placed in that tiny little casket? That was just heart breaking. The interpersonal relationships between family/staff is what makes this show so likeable.
    Just a thought.. Melissa might be closed lipped on camera .. like her father was about his diabetes, she just might not want to talk about her feelings for Rick with 'us'.
    Paul, I find all 3 of the sisters to be attractive but I think Shonna is the most attractive - not Melissa. Melissa and Lily? wear way too much make up and they really don't need it.. they look like escapees from a Mary Kay seminar. Shonna has way more personality than the 2 of them put together.
    Shonna mentioned her husband .. I guess he didn't want to be involved in this little family adventure, I wonder if we'll get to meet him? It would be interesting to meet the man that captured Shonna's attention.

I liked these past 2 epis even better than the first two, I wonder if those who didn't like the first ones would have liked these better?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    I wonder if those who didn't like the first ones would have liked these better?

Yes..these two episodes were better than the first two. I had to watch again and I found it a lil better to "swallow" in regards to the handling of the bodies.

One thing that's cracking me up is the one daughter that is always sitting in the office and EVERYONE ALWAYS asks her..
    "Where's Chuck?" "I dunno"
    "Where's John?" "I dunno"
    etc..etc..
    Cracks me up, cause she never changes her tone or answer.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

The romance between Melissa and Rick is very high on the "ick" factor to me. He's so obviously mushy gushy in need with her and she's just as obviously not into the touchy feely stuff. I felt bad for him that she couldn't manage to drag up the words, "I love you, too," but maybe it has something to do with her obviously difficult relationship with her dad and how he was when she was a kid. Either way, it makes me more uncomfortable to see Rick trying to get her to give him some affection than it does to see a body being embalmed.

Ditto on the love for Shonna - she gets better and better every week. Chuck just keeps getting scarier, lol.

I think the prettiest of the three is Shonna. Emily is a close second but she needs to get rid of those glasses. They do nothing for her. I'm not that impressed with Melissa. She seems like a nice lady but not nearly as attractive as the other two.

+ Reply to Thread