+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: mixed feelings

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Thanks for the info Duxxy. What a tough issue to tackle -and so hard to remain objective. That's one of the factors that make this show interesting and will keep me watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Death is something that everyone has thier own way of dealing with. It's just very personal for me, and I find it really hard to understand why these people WOULD sign a waiver allowing [whomever is deceased
    to be filmed while being embalmed or anything else for that matter.
    It's just tough for me to understand is all, cause I sure wouldn't.
    I was wondering the same thing. My question is, although the deceased families signed waivers, how do we know that the family members aren't put on the block while mourning a loved one? And that maybe when they look back on that decision realize they may not have been thinking clearly at the time?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Also..I was just thinking JD.. the one grand-daughter of the deceased was really tore up over the loss of him, and quite obviously not handling it well. Did SHE sign a release to be filmed??

Who exactly is the one(s) to sign the "OK" to have it filmed? I'd think that every person there would have to sign something, or they get blurred out. OR...does the "signed release" (by ONE person) leave it open for any and all mourners to be on television...?

Hmm..inquiring minds WANT TO KNOW!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Every person thats filmed has to sign a release, one family member doesn't give Carte Blanc to the rest. If someone doesn't want to be shown, they get the blur.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno

Hmm..inquiring minds WANT TO KNOW!

138 is twice as fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    Every person thats filmed has to sign a release, one family member doesn't give Carte Blanc to the rest. If someone doesn't want to be shown, they get the blur.
    BUT who makes the decision to have the deseased shown on camera??
    I had a little problem with that, butI have no problem viewing
    the grieving people.(i know that sounds cold)

I'd guess that the deceased's next of kin or the person who holds power of attorney signs the release for him/her
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Paul138
    BUT who makes the decision to have the deseased shown on camera??
    I had a little problem with that, butI have no problem viewing
    the grieving people.(i know that sounds cold)

OOps.. just saw Duxxy's post. Yeah..that's what I thought too, but I'm curious to know "for sure". Maybe I'll email them.

not saying for sure, but I would bet its the executor of the estate, or a family decision with maybe the condition that they see the footage that will be shown for an "ok" first before they give the final green light.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I don't like the idea of this show. I think it's disrespectful for the the deceased even if the family authorizes it. Unless the actually dead signed an agreement prior to dying I don't think anyone should take it upon themselves into showing off their dead loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    I don't like the idea of this show. I think it's disrespectful for the the deceased even if the family authorizes it. Unless the actually dead signed an agreement prior to dying I don't think anyone should take it upon themselves into showing off their dead loved ones.
    That has been my strongest point in regards to disliking this show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast