+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family Plot Episode #2: Smoke and Mirrors

Family Plot Episode #2: Smoke and Mirrors

Family Plot Episode 2: Smoke and Mirrors

Its a clousy day as Shonna is shown getting her daughter Savanna off to school and waiting for the day that she can be a stay-home Mom cause having to work has made her feel like she is missing part of her kids lives... welcome to the rest of the two-parent working cause no one can live like their parents did world. So on to the mortuary where Rick comes up with the idea of the century, let's all quit smoking cold turkey!!! As you can imagine, this idea will turn out to be bad, very bad. John gets a call and goes to pick up a body at the ME office. Seems a little old lady had a slight run-in with a boulder and guard rail and has suffered severe head and facial trauma. Shonna finds out that the daughters want to view the body to have closer and John and her agree that it should be a closed casket service but that she is going to try her best to make the old lady presentable. Emily was the only smart one of the smokers and said "count me out of this contest" and happily smokes away the day. John caves first and later Shonna is seen "borrowing" one of the smokes out of a pack left at the company ashtray. Day two comes and Shonna is working on the corpse still while the daughters get the news that they can see their mom at 3 pm. The viewing is good with the ladies as they say goodbye to mom and then decide that it should be a closed casket service like John and Shonna suggested. The one daughter does thank Shonna for the effort she put out on her mom. Shonna goes home and has her smoke and tells her sister to call Rick and tell him that he won. Last scene is Rick buying two packs of smokes for the next days work.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Once again, terrific work, Ili! This wouldn't be my top choice of a show to watch, but I'm loving your recaps.

This episode sounded pretty funny to me with all the stuff about smoking, although the stuff about the little old lady and the closed casket business made me sad. I wonder how these people feel about having their personal business televised to the general public.

Thanks again, Ili!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

There were two episodes?
    Drat, I had no clue.

I believe anyone whose story is shown would have to sign a wavier of some sort.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I thought it was a pretty interesting show.
    Yes, there were two episodes back to back and there will be next week too.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    My question is the fee for "fixing up" their mother but still deciding to have a closed casket. I wonder how that all sums up.

The daughters of the deceased didn't seem too bothered about things. I dunno... people act differently with death.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I would say that the family had to pay for it because they were trying to get an open casket and were warned that the injuries were bad.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    I would say that the family had to pay for it because they were trying to get an open casket and were warned that the injuries were bad.
    Yea..for sure they paid. I was just wondering what sorta price you would put on it.. a rush job, not completed and then finally it's a closed casket. Maybe half price, per hour, how much makeup is used, etc..? I was just curious of the "rates" and how they determine them.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie
    I think this show is very interesting. I wish they would show some more gore, but then again that is a little too much to ask for and it's also a little morbid...sorry. Also, if they did show a little more, I woul
    d probably be grossed out, so then again maybe not. I think it's a cool show, and I will keep watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    Seems a little old lady had a slight run-in with a boulder and guard rail
    All I could think was...oops.

Great job, Ilikai!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast