+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family Plot Episode #1: Blood is thicker than water

Family Plot Episode #1: Blood is thicker than water

Family Plot Episode 1: Blood is thicker than water.

Welcome to the funeral parlor. First off, lets meet our family.

Shonna is the Embalmer, Head Mortician, Funeral Director and Middle sister of the group.

Emily is the Office Manager, Director in training.. and youngest sister.

Melissa is Assistant Director and eldest sister.

Chuck is the Funeral Assistant, Hearse driver, Body remover, Ex-Boxer and pain in the butt to the kids.

Rick is the owner of the mortuary.

John is a Funeral Director, apprentice Embalmer, used to work for the ME office.

David is a morning speed freak Funeral Director and part-time pain in the butt.

The show opens with some snappy theme music and a growing panic from business overload. Seems that they have too much business and not enough room or people to handle it all. On top of that, Shonna sees on the daily schedule board that they have to have graveside ceremony in 30 minutes and not the hour that she seemed to remember. Grabbing Chuck,her Dad, she gets the coffin and corpse ready to go while Dad fumes every time she gives him an order. You get the idea that Chuck can't grasp the idea of one of his kids giving him orders even though she is technically his boss. Off he goes to make the appointment. Shonna spruces up the makeup on another corpse and shows that she takes a lot of pride in her work and doesn't want to dissapoint the family. It's lunch time and Chuck is having pizza, Emily makes the mistake of telling us that Chuck is diabetic which sets him off. Someone call the police!!! Homeland Security!! Oh my God!!! No one was supposed to know that He is diabetic! National Security has been compromised and the country will be overun by the communist hoard!. Oh the humanity of it all!!! Geeze, you think I may have overreacted to that news like Chuck did? Emily lets him know what she thinks of his Grump show and cuts her lunch short by flinging the pizza slice she had across the room. Meanwhile back on the slab, Shonna finishes the corpse and readies the room for the viewing when a circuit breaker trips. It takes them a minute or two to figure out what to do, then Boss Rick goes to check the panel. Safety is a plus, NOT when we get a shot of the panel and the front cover is off. San Diego Building inspector will be showing up for an inspection if they see this episode. Big violation. Reset the breaker and finish the room for the family. Chuck makes the cemetery just a tad late but it all evens out since half the family is late too. Some day are good, some days are bad, this was average. The sisters get ready for a girls night out to take the edge off a busy day and Chuck has 4 teens to give boxing lessons too so he loads a corpse in his van that has to be delivered to the airport and has the kids share the back with the box. Boxing lesson #1- keep your guard up or end up horizontal on the mat. End of story.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    Meanwhile back on the slab, .

BEST laugh I had all day! TY

LOVED the recap, Ilikai!

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Great job. Loved it.

Wonderful job, Ili! Hilarious stuff, and not too long, either.

Thanks for the recap, Ili!

I don't get this channel, but have been curious about this show, but luckily I can rely on your recaps to keep me up to date. I have question for you and anyone else who watched this episode. How much of the corpses do you actually see?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Thanks for the recap, Ili!

I don't get this channel, but have been curious about this show, but luckily I can rely on your recaps to keep me up to date. I have question for you and anyone else who watched this episode. How much of the corpses do you actually see?
    They don't show alot of the corpse. A hand here, an arm there.. alot of body bag shots. Sometimes they showed the faces of the deceased, but they weren't "lingering" camera shots.

Thanks for the recap Ilikai.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I happen to live in Poway, a little over a mile from this mortuary, so I could see how the production staff either deliberately set up some made-for-TV situations and/or the editors were less than honest in their depictions. For example, in the rush to the cemetary, they showed Chuck driving through very heavy traffic, with apparently a long way to go. I even spotted a PeMex gas station in the background, which would have put him in Tijuana. That footage must have been added for drama, because he ended up at a cemetary which is less than 3 miles away.

They also showed Chuck loading the box with a body in the back of the van before picking up the boys, apparently because he had to take them to the gym on the way to the airport. The gym in question is actually located directly across the street from the mortuary, so there was no reason for that. He could have gone back over to pick up the body when he was done at the gym. I think that was probably the most distasteful and disrepectful point in the show.

Finally, when we were treated to the girls going out for a night on the town, we were led to believe that they were driving some distance. The bar they ended up at was right around the corner, and they could just as well have walked there.

Great recap Ili.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Thanks for the insight DocDon, please let us know more that you catch in future shows if you continue to watch. We try to get as much info on "creative editting" as we can here.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast