+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reality show 'Family Plots' is a grave misstep by A&E

its just not you on that feeling of Dad
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Yeah, that review was way off. I thought the family was charming, and I don't think they ever trivilialized their job. Shonna spent hours trying to make the car accident vicitim presentable and was appropriately somber to the family.
    On a side rant, critics bash reality shows out of habit (remember the awful reviews of the first Survivor?), snobbery and professional pride. They treat the genre as low-brow entertainment unworthy of serious examination. At least that's what they want their old classmates from [fill in Ivy League school] to think.
    Meanwhile, they're praising PBS's reality franchise -- Frontier House, Pioneer House, etc. -- as "fascinating."
    So I guess the message is: Network reality shows -- vulgar; public television reality shows, virtuous. Yeah, that makes sense.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I watched the very first two episodes last night and I enjoyed them. I now have a new show to watch.

138 is twice as fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    and Southwest is still basically a midwest regional airline. Think of the crap that United and American and Delta workers deal with.
    Southwest is more then a regional airline,go to their web site
    and check out all the lanes they fly in!!

FORT Fogey
    I think the critic was one of the writers of Six Feet Under... petty and jealous are the words that come to my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul138
    Southwest is more then a regional airline,go to their web site
    and check out all the lanes they fly in!!
    ok I stand corrected, they have grown since last I checked.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12