+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shonna Smith

Wow! I feel the same way! Shonna seems like a fun, kind, caring and responsible woman, who would be a total blast to hang with sometime. Love the Windex bottle in her hand routine! It's so fun to see those quirky sides of people, especially when you can personally identify with them.

Shonna is GREAT! I really like her! She's probably the main reason I check out Family Plots.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Newbie
    All I can say is that I hope Shonna is making about 10 times as much money as David and John since they are both licensed FD's...She seems to be the only one doing the dirty work. Then again, you can tell that she's not the kind of person who would turn it over to somebody else given her perfectionist nature. If that's the case, I just wish she would stop griping about how much she's overworked. If Rick were any kind of manager he would do something about the situation. I would be curious to know, on the average, how many burials per week PB does...

FORT Newbie
    Hi all,
    I must clarify the last response. John is not a licensed funeral director. He is an apprentice embalmer (Verified California Funeral and Cemetery Board). David is a licensed funeral director, but not an embalmer. This creates an interesting situation because David cannot help Shonna embalm by law. John can, but Shonna must inspect every body and sign off on the embalming report. She is overworked, but also a perfectionist. I would be perfectly comfortable. Having her take care of my family. She would do a wonderful and compassionate job. I'm a nurse. I'm picky.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by mikel hand
    Hi all,
    I must clarify the last response. John is not a licensed funeral director. He is an apprentice embalmer (Verified California Funeral and Cemetery Board). David is a licensed funeral director, but not an embalmer.
    Perhaps the laws are different in California than they are in my state. Licensed Funeral Directors must be ABLE to embalm in order to get their license. Its part of the requirement. That doesn't mean they actually have to do it all the time but they must know how. Funeral homes in our area use a freelance embalmer so none of the FD's actually have to do it. Laws vary greatly from state to state with respect to the funeral industry...

FORT Newbie
    You are correct. In California, they require two separate examinations and licenses. I am curious what state you are in? I know in Deleware that is the case. ILLinois just recently combined the two.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    She's the best! She has such a strong personality. She seems like such a decent, honest and hard-working person. I don't see her as griping, but rather, I see her as narrating her life. She likes the camera, she likes the spotlight. And I like her.

I do wish I knew what Rick does all day, but maybe that's in another thread.

Kinda surprised nobody mentioned this yet. I was watching a movie and the actress in it was a dead ringer for Shonna. Her name was Lisa (Walters, I believe). I remember her as having her own show a while back. They even sound alike!
    May The Best Times You've Ever Had Be The Worst You Will Ever See

Found a picture, hope it turns out. The actresse's name is Lisa Ann Walter.

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0910076/photogallery-ss-0
    May The Best Times You've Ever Had Be The Worst You Will Ever See

That funeral home would definitely go to hell in a handbasket without Shonna. However, I think she makes things difficult for herself because she is such a perfectionist. I almost felt sorry for her when they showed her at home using the Windex constantly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast