+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Is it just me...or does Fame disappoint?

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Originally posted by QuinntheEskimo
    DVM: did you say something??? with that mesmerizing Av, all i hear is blah, blah, blah... for some reason i dont make it thru your posts??? lol

i can't handle this show... too bad we as viewers dont have big Gongs, and gong them right off the TV...

Debbie???.. allright i am done with this show..
    Everything about the show is just wrong.

Thanks for noticing my av, Quin. I just wanted to put my face out to the members of the FORT (j/k). But in all honesty, I'm much much hotter than Lateitia (and for all those of you who can't read my sarcastic tone, I'm kidding!).

This is probably the wrong place... but Laetitia Casta is one of my faves... she's gorgeous...

I thought last night's show was much better than the second and third shows... redeeming, almost.
    ~M o s a i K~

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Originally posted by cali
    OFF TOPIC:
    Bob... I'm a fan of Stargate I don't even know what else Chris Judge has been in
    Hey Cali, I actually love Stargate. At first, I didn't get it at all. It seemed a bit silly as sci-fi goes. But then I downloaded all the episodes and watched them sequentially. I couldn't have been more wrong. Great show. They have really good chemistry.

As for Judge, I don't think I'd like to see him in anything else. Watching him have to smile and emote would be so unTeal'c like that it would make me uncomfortable. It would be like watching my Dad dance or something.

As far as what everyone is saying about Fame, I somewhat agree. the judges are dropping in my estimation also. I like the radio guy's personality, but he's too good at riding the fence. I think Carnie is doing a really good job as a judge other than her occasional annoying moments. She may be smaller nowadays, but her ego seems to have gotten a bit bigger.

The thing is, they all say negative things, but then they quickly gloss over it. They'd be so much more effective if they said the same exact things, but just erred on the negative side . Like someone said, right now it's fairly predictable. With more negativity, there's more conflict and uncertainty, and hence more drama.

And in all fairness, what is up with Debbie Reynolds bizarre sililoquays after each performance? Everyone is acting like it's perfectly normal that she gazes endearingly into eyes of kids she's only known for a couple week and waxes on for several minutes how she is absolutely certain that the last contestant is the most perfect, special thing that genetics has ever produced, and it's just a matter of minutes before they take over the planet. Hyper-nurturing like that is just weird.

In any case, even though the people who were eliminated last night were some of the weakest so far, I'm much more optimistic about this show now. I don't know about singing, but when they came out as a group, I think they showed more personality than either of the last two AI classes. That Korean guy is HILARIOUS. I'm really surprised he made it. I can't help but call him the Chemist. And I just can't wait to see what he's got brewing for us next week! And that Moy girl was outstanding. The fact that they've already developed this much personality in just a couple weeks bodes well for when we get to the point where we get to see the same 12 kids every week.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Ok Bob your av is disturbing Is that the power rangers guy?

I can't say yet whether I like the show or not . I think when we get down to a routine , it may be better. For the record I couldn't stomach AI or ACG. Thank goodness for the recappers.
    I'm going to reserve judgement until the a few more shows in , but by then everyone else may have tuned out.
    Still love Debbie ...

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Nah, I don't even know who the Power Rangers are, though it does sound familiar. It's Scorpius from that cancelled show Farscape. It from the last episode, where he was making a sexual overture at some lady who was in the process of torturing him. He's all class

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345