+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me...or does Fame disappoint?

Fade to black
    Originally posted by enygma
    It doesn't dissapoint me a bit, but then I found the fanatical frenzy that came up around AI a bit disturbing.
    Well OK, a LOT disturbing.People took leave of their senses.
    Yes they did (and still do). Love your av enygma.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Originally posted by BobDobolina
    One question though, isn't the third "threat" supposed to be acting?
    Well being involoved in musical theater, that's what I've always been told, but I guess they couldn't incorporate acting into a reality show

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Hey Cali,

Are you a big Stargate SG-1 fan? Or do you just like the actor, Chris Judge?

Originally posted by Palindrome14
    Well being involoved in musical theater, that's what I've always been told, but I guess they couldn't incorporate acting into a reality show
    Good, because on another thread I posed the same question. Now I don't have to doubt my memory

I wasn't too thrilled with the singing before last night. I thought the vocal audio was too low, but I enjoyed it yesterday. They will keep me watching for a while longer. Regardless of anyone previously seeing the movie or TV series, I believe Debbie Allen can still draw viewers on her own merits as a "co-host" and her persona we see on the clips. I am currently enjoying it. Joey Fatone has loosen up a bit, but can still work it a little more.

OFF TOPIC:
    Bob... I'm a fan of Stargate I don't even know what else Chris Judge has been in

He's a nice lookin' guy though.

ON TOPIC:
    I missed Monday's episode of FAME, just completely forgot... I don't know what that means about my devotion for this show. That would NEVER happen with TAR or Survivor (or Stargate)

I still enjoy it though. Debbie has been a bit off to me (at least in episodes 2 and 4)....
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Re: "Triple threat" I think they are kind of substituting 'personality' for acting. I remember Debbie kept commenting on how much personality some of them had at the beginning.

I think Debbie is really annoying. Other than that, I like this show.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Did anyone catch Joey's adding acting to Carnie's list of credentials? Since when was she ever an actor? It would have been more appropriate to add most recent celebrity playmate, instead.

I'm sorry, Carnie drives me crazy with her incessant yapping.

Back on topic: Fame does indeed disappoint. It's just not as comical and entertaining as AI. The format of the show is such a bore and there is no banter between the judges or with the host. No one looks like they are having any fun except for the contestants, at times. Even Debbie's starting to look tired to me.

I don't really like the judges.
    I had reservations to begin with, but after so many of the performers (mainly the females) have decided to sing songs from musicals, I really have to winder why three people who have ties to popular music are judging.
    Why not a Broadway (or at least a theatre) producer?
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by dvm
    Did anyone catch Joey's adding acting to Carnie's list of credentials? Since when was she ever an actor?
    Don't you remember those wonderful commercials for that weight loss surgery? I think that's considered acting to SOME people...

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    DVM: did you say something??? with that mesmerizing Av, all i hear is blah, blah, blah... for some reason i dont make it thru your posts??? lol

i can't handle this show... too bad we as viewers dont have big Gongs, and gong them right off the TV...

Debbie???.. allright i am done with this show..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast