+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me...or does Fame disappoint?

FORT Fogey
    Actually, I think the prize package will really help them to better themselves in performance, by getting vocal and dance training for a year and developing connections. I think that will do more for them in the long run than a pop CD would. You're completely entitled to your opinion about the show. Personally I like it, but mostly because it's got more variety than the other shows which are only singing. Besides, I love Debbie Allen and I'm a sucker for dancing. I think there are some people in there who are certainly not great or are at least having bad days (much like the semi-finals of many other talent shows), but the judges are really picking out the best ones, and have been agreeing on their picks with most of us in here. I think they will be down to some great performers once they get to the finals.

I really would recommend you check it out in three more weeks when it's just the finalists and you will be pleasantly surprised. Also, it seems like they have been steadily improving. They just ran the auditions in May, so they only had a couple of days to learn the routines, but with the work Debbie Allen is giving them, you can tell they're improving. Hopefully, I'm right, but I'm still really enjoying this show - Give it another chance once they get down the the finals...

Fade to black
    I will check out the final show Anna. Hopefully the winner will impress me. I've always been a sucker for "arts" based shows (movies, theatre, television) and was actually disappointed that I've been let down so far.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

I didn't enjoy the second episode as much as the first.
    The problem I had with the show last night is tht it was pretty obvious who was going to go through, no suspense at all.

With the judges commenting on the performances and picking the finalists, it really was pretty easy to say who would advance last night.
    I think everyone who posted their predictions got it right.

I love the group numbers though and without a compelling alternative will stick with the show at least until the top 12 have been chosen.
    My favourite, Moy, is in the final group and I want to see how she does.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Hey....gotta have something to fill the vast void that AI has left in my TV watching. No, it's not even on the same planet as AI, but it's lighthearted fun. I can laugh at these kids. I enjoy watching them dance. For now, it's doing the trick, but believe me, I'm anticipating Tuesday's Oprah about a hundred times more than I will EVER look forward to this show.....
    In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I think Fame may have limited value to those who didn't live it the first time. If you don't know Debbie Allen &co then you would have no interest. They are banking on the sentimental folks who loved the tv show & movie.If it dissapoints , its because you probably belong to the younger demographic.
    As evidenced by the OMG antics in the AI forum, it's a much younger crowd for that show. They don't care if they can dance.
    Fame is seeking a more all round performance.
    Although the use of Joey Fatone is a blatent grab for the boy band crowd...

Fade to black
    That's the thing Enygma... I loved the tv show and movie. And I'm disappointed with this show.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

eny
    FORT Fogey
    The production values of the show itself are kind of choppy, but then they were at the beginning of AI1 too.Nobody seems to quite know what they are doing yet. It will either get better, or go down the toilet with All American Girl.
    The co-host thing with Debbie is really bugging me. She should be down with the panel , and let Fatone host.
    I'm reminded of that other survival show, that was way better than survivor, where they chose a different leader each week. I can't remember the name of it, because I'm not sure whether they even broadcast the whole show.Anyway it wasn't the original, so everyone thought it was crap and it died.

Fade to black
    I agree enygma about the co-hosting thing. I'll watch the finale but for now, I'll find something else to do (It's getting nice out now too). And you're right AI started off choppy as well.

I actually enjoy the movie "Fame" and am very, very familiar with and an ardent fan of the arts-- especially, theater, film and music. I am working for an independent film company now and have a pretty extensive Broadway repertoire (am getting a little defensive with even the slightest suggestion that my preference for AI means that I just don't understand the "Fame" connection or the idea of a "full package"-- which, frankly, I have yet to see on the tv reality show "Fame")

I do know that AI was targeting a younger audience (more like AI 1)-- but it got a lot more than it bargained for...which is largely owing to timing (which, in turn, was owing all to chance)...but the cast of characters, strong talent and marginal talent alike-- also helped. I don't know...

Again, "Fame" has moments-- but last week I saw only ONE (the guy the judges chose) with anything remotely close to "full package" potential.

Also, AI and Fame are two very different shows-- and I appreciate Fame's intention... and will give it a chance (because my sister is a sucker for these shows and she MAKES me watch them with her).

Hug me!
    Originally posted by enygma
    If it dissapoints , its because you probably belong to the younger demographic.
    As evidenced by the OMG antics in the AI forum, it's a much younger crowd for that show. They don't care if they can dance.
    Fame is seeking a more all round performance.
    Ha ? You must be kidding. I know most Clay's fans act like teen age girls with HUGE CRUSH on Clay but they will tear your head off if you post this comment in AI forum.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast