+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Raymond Lee - Group Three

FORT Fogey

Raymond Lee - Group Three

Wasn't this the guy who they showed in the auditions that was a fabulous singer and dancer? If so, I think he'll do great... I don't recall seeing him on the show other than the auditions, though...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, they're all there for the opening number.
    I saw him very briefly last night, but they are just going to showcase that week's performers in the opening number from now on by the looks of it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I remember he has this amazingly powerful singing voice... but he looks a little goofy when he's doing the dance moves...
    ~M o s a i K~

FORT Fogey
    Hmmm... He's from the town where my alma mater is. I wonder if he goes to Northwestern...

Raymond Lee

"Singer who dances."

Audition City: Chicago, IL

Hometown: Evanston, IL

What accomplishment are you most proud of?

"Being the best son I can be for my parents."

FORT Newbie

Raymond Lee!!!!

OH MY GOD. did anyone else think raymond was adorable and soo good?! he seems real. i really hope he makes it to the next round!!!!

FORT Newbie
    That's my cousin! He rocks and is such an awesome guy. I am so proud of him! Go Raymond !!

FORT Fan
    Originally posted by itsycoo
    That's my cousin! He rocks and is such an awesome guy. I am so proud of him! Go Raymond !!
    cool......u're Chinese too?......coz i was born in Taiwan..
    anyways, as much as i love him,
    i think he is weak in vocals......
    he probably wont go far,
    but going into final is good enough for me......^^

FORT Newbie
    I can't believe anyone though he was good. Cute - maybe. But his singing sucked - it wasn't just his upper range - he went flat and then sharp multiple times. I'm stting in a room with three jazz majors and two university music proffs. We all heard the same thing - we were all floored when he won. What in the heck are they looking for here.

He did not win anythng yet. He advanced because of likeable character, and perhaps he has done better in rehearsals. The judges were constantly referring to rehearsals. And do not forget it's TV, it is very important to have the right kind of images/personalities in the show, so people keep watching. Raymond seemed like the underdog this show needs.

I think he looks like a really sweet guy.
    I thought his performance was pretty good and there don't seem to be many people who are "singers who can dance" on this show.

Simon said on American Idol a number of times that performances sound different at home than they do in the studio, perhaps he sounded better to them

The guys all performed very differently last night, but the females all took a pretty similar approach.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast