+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Raymond Lee - Group Three

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    Raymond was my favorite last night. Even though his singing was both sharp and flat last night (I think it was nerves), I was happy he made it through. For a bit, I thought they would send Dion forward. Now Raymond gets a chance to give a better singing performance.

FORT Fogey
    At least he's not as bad as Carmen (and he doesn't make the funny faces)... My big problem was just that he didn't seem like much of a dancer. His moves weren't very sharp and I don't think his voice compensated enough for his dancing, like Alex's did...

Although there aren't many singers who dance, they all seem to be moving on (Alex, Garry, Serena, Jameison, Raymond, etc.)...

I think the judges might also make a few allowances for bad song choices or nerves (just as Randy did when choosing Kim C as his wildcard after a bad performance on the show).
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fan
    Originally posted by fluff
    I think the judges might also make a few allowances for bad song choices or nerves (just as Randy did when choosing Kim C as his wildcard after a bad performance on the show).
    it's not that Kim C was bad.......
    it's coz no one is better other than Trenyce/Clay
    so b/w Kim C and Chip, i would pick Kim C too,
    the 5 time Star Search winner as someone mentioned

Her performance of "I Feel The Earth Move", was not good on wildcard night in my (and the judges ) opinion.

Kim C and Chip wasn't the only choice, what about Nasheka?
    She did well.

Whether or not Kim C was good wasn't really the point, the point was Randy specifically stated that they would take her previous auditions and performances into account and I was saying they might do the same with Fame.
    "That's Numberwang!"

eny
    FORT Fogey
    They keep referring to watching them in rehearsal. So I believe if they are crappy on performance night , they may take into account if they are good beforehand.
    I loved Raymond, but was floored when he went to the next level with virtually no dance.

Hug me!
    I had high expectation of him last night but he disappointed me with every aspect last night. He sounded flat, he barely moveed. Totally disappointment. Shocked that he made it through to the next round.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

I had him as 4th last night. I was surprised he moved on without really showing much dancing. His voice was OK, but he did have pitch problems, and he didn't sing very strongly. I never really saw him dance much - he didn't stand out in the group number at all. However, something about his personality was refreshing. Since personality is part of the so called "triple threat" maybe that's why he advanced despite so-so dancing and adequate vocals. I'm not really upset he moved on - only Allyson stood out for me in group 3.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

FORT Newbie
    ray's cousin here again. i was at the taping, and they ALL sounded much better in person. i think their sound production was poor. ok, so i am partial b/c i'm related to the cutie, but he really is a cool guy and i think that is part of the package. he sings really well, too. i think they were all nervous and beat.

FORT Fogey
    He's an RA at 1835 Hinman dorm right (at Northwestern University)? I swear that's him...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast