+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-Show Discussion 6/4/03 *Spoiler*

LOL! Carnie cracks me up! I agree, it was a bit too.. umm... stripper for my taste, but she is a good dancer, and I didn't think she did bad... I personally liked her voice better than the first guy, however she did seem a little off in certain spots... I just felt that the first guy sounded too strained when he was singing... I taped it, I'll listen to it again after the show is over
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Johnny said he felt she was uncomforatble with the song and had some unsure notes.

JoJo agrees that it was a bad song choice.

Debbie explains that Michelle picked the song herself, doesn't think there is anything wrong with being hot (well obviously not Debbie )
    "That's Numberwang!"

I *LOVE* debbie allen! lol
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

I was surprised the judges were as vocal about her performance as they were.
    It was a little overly sexual for me.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fanatic
    Well, yeh, especially since we could actually see up her skirt at one point.:nono

Fade to black
    OK, I'm suffering through this again hoping it'd be better than last week, so far I see more of the same. The first kid could definitely dance, but I think it's a statement when his loudest applause comes from when he is dancing. His vocals were just so so. Second girl was terrible. Pretty. But terrible. Dancing that way to that song seemed so awkward.

OK, 4 more performers - surely one of them will actually be able to sing. Don't get me wrong - I love the dancing, but for me it's all about the voice. If they can't sing, I could care less about what kind of moves they have.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Next performer - New Yorker Todd Evans.
    "That's Numberwang!"

It seems that they concentrated more on finding good dancers than singers.... I noticed a lot of the people they picked had decent voices, but were great dancers

FORT Fogey
    Todd Evans seems like the ultimate gay stereotype.

I'm all about the dancing at the moment hazy.
    I wouldn't care if they just came out and danced and didn't sing at all.

Why did I think this Todd dude was going to be a rapper.

Not a whole lot of opportunity to show your dancing skills off with "Overjoyed".
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast