+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Post-Show Discussion 6/4/03 *Spoiler*

Drkim, I pretty much agreed with everything you said about tonight. It almost felt like I was hearing an echo as I read your thoughts on tonight's show!

I have to say that overall I'm just not diggin' the vocals. Not one performer has "wowed" me with their wailing. Yeah, Serena was the 'best' of what we've heard and I thought she definitely deserved to advance. But was she memorable? Not with THAT song choice I'm afraid. Somebody just shoot me before I have to hear that song (OR Fallin', OR ANYTHING by Stevie Wonder) sung again...

Now with dancing it's a different matter. Ryan rocks as far as I'm concerned. Yes, Brandon is a mighty fine dancer as well, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I had seen those moves before. Just a little lacking in the originality department. Course he's a youngun so perhaps he'll develop that with age/experience.

But what about Ryan??? Particularly in the group number, I think his talent as a dancer should've carried him to the next round. Period. Pirouette. Bow. Sigh...

Unfortunately, I think that the judges picked Jamisen more for her looks and "it" factor than for either her dancing/singing both of which were, IMO, simply good not great.

Well, I'll continue to watch Fame, but my heart isn't into it as it was for a certain other show that shall remain nameless.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by phusion
    Can somebody just tell me who got in?
    Brandon, Serena, and Jameison, as expected.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I thought everyones dance had improved tremendously since last show. The last bunch almost have an unfair advantage,as even a few days more brings up their levels.

Loved JoJo , he's so hyper.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by enygma
    I thought everyones dance had improved tremendously since last show. The last bunch almost have an unfair advantage,as even a few days more brings up their levels.
    But, then again, the whole group improves, so they're competing with a group of people who have all improved. And once they're all in the finals, they will have all had the same amount of practice.

Well, that was quite a disappointment after last week. And what was with Debbie Allen practically pimping for Michelle up there? The judges had a very valid point. And her family enjoying their little high school girl sexing it up onstage was a bit too disturbing for me. I think Serena has a nice voice, but I don't think she used more than five real words in that song. Next time we see her, I hope she will actually sing something. I'm still waiting for someone to both belt a song out of the auditorium and dance like crazy.

The three who sang the best got forward, they also danced according to the song (choreography was better). Michelle I think overdid the dancing in Black Velvet, less is sometimes better. Ryan was very good at dancing, just a joy to watch. I think Michelle and Jamisen could have switched songs, Black Velvet requires a more seducing voice (which Michelle did not have). Serena was overall the best of the group.

However, like so many have stated here already, none of them have really impressed me enough yet (to eventually vote). But it still is a very entertaining show to watch and I do like these judges (not overly rude or loving) better than AI judges, and I even like the hosts.

FORT Regular
    I'm not quite sure why but I was a bit surprised by the outcome. I'm no expert (far from it) but I have my opinions just like everyone else and I didn't think Michelle's performance was that bad. Then once hearing the judges opinions I thought perhaps she might have chosen a different song.

Oh, and did you guys see Jamisen fall at the end of the group number. She tripped over Serena's feet (cause she got to close to her), that sent Serena flying but she didn't have far to go as Todd pretty much caught her. I think the fall hurt Jamisen's leg pretty good as she was standing for awhile with her left leg bent so that she didn't put pressure on it and then at the very end, she was rubbing her leg. I hope that doesn't affect her dancing in future shows.

My name is Mosaik, and I'm a funky fresh 28, from CA-Na-DA, and if I gave you one guess, you should damn well know by now... I came to WORK.

Have to agree with fluff here... This week was not nearly as captivating as last week...

Having said that, I agree that the opening number (they're gonna do that every week???) was very high energy and the dancing was tres impressive. Not sure I need to hear them rapping in between the self-intros though... terrible... Kool Moe Dee must be rolling over in his grave... and he's not even dead yet.

The judges just aren't doing for me.

The contestants fared marginally better:

Brandon: make-up... can someone get make-up to set #8 please? and bring the waterproof stuff. This guy's got moves aplenty though... exceptional dancing skills. Voice...? Not so good... but more than bearable.

Miss Class President: I felt like I was trapped in some bad movie cliche or something... I mean, come on... no boyfriends... sacrificing her prom... class president... who writes this stuff? Even God can be a poor scriptwriter sometimes.

Non-stylin' guy who blasphemed Stevie Wonder: Next.

Serena: Little too much showmanship for my tastes at this point of the competition, but she managed to set herself apart. Dancing was passable but some decidedly unfunky moves were thrown in to keep me guessing. I can hear quality in that voice... I guess FIVE years on tour with Gladys Knight might help a BIT?

Ryan Chotto: I happen to know that Chotto means "small" or "a bit" in Japanese... I am so not making this up. Pirouette? Exit stage left.

Jamieson Tiangco: Ohhhh interesting... she's Filipina cutie and not Hispanic... I was fooled! That voice definitely needs some range work... but the low end had my feathers rufflin'... doesn't hurt that she's a HOTTTTTTie with 6 T's... I also thought she had a fair amount of star quality...

My name is Mosaik, and I'm stupid fresh... I can't sing or dance and I don't wear mesh, but know this... I came to WORK.
    Last edited by Mosaik; 06-05-2003 at 12:58 AM.
    ~M o s a i K~

Well I wasn't really overly impressed with anyone tonight... (like everyone has pretty much mentioned) My two favorite people have given less than stellar performances, and neither made it to the finals... (Judy and Ryan) I *still* think that Ryan's dancing should have carried some weight with the voting and he should have made it through. okay, I just thought he was adorable and wanted to see him go on..
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

hmmm I think I'm the only one that liked Michelle. Hell I would have sexed up Black Velvet too. Maybe I'm just slutty
    I don't want the ocean in my seashell. I just want a boyfriend with a brain cell. Stretch Princess

+ Reply to Thread