+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Post-Show Discussion 6/4/03 *Spoiler*

I'm Miss Cranky tonight!

"I'm here to work" is starting to annoy me. I hope they don't do it any more after the finals are all selected.

Can we put a moritorium on Stevie Wonder songs? All I could think when Todd started to sing was, "Oh no, not another." While we're at it, no more Celine Dion songs, either.

No more "I'm Every Woman" -- ever! I enjoyed Serena's performance, but mainly because it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

None of the performers had an extraordinary voice, and none but Serena showed much in the way of original vocal stylings.

It was easy for us to peg the standouts - I would have bust a gut if Todd made it through. Funny how it was two boys and a girl last week and two girls and a boy this week. Both weeks so far the judges called it well, though.

keeping Alex as top pick fpr now(it may change) but I lost Fame to a church special;(
    Bring on the Fab 5!

"I said walk, not march like a weird little troll!": Carson Kressley

"My ship works better when I kick it" Spike Spiegel(Cowboy Bebop)

FORT Fogey
    Yes, I have to say that the judges are really calling them well - much better than AI. They have pretty much agreed with me, at least, and the people they pick are generally agreed upon by the majority of us on this site... No Carmens getting through on this show!

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    WEEEEEEEEEEEE! How fun is this??

Okay, so do we need to hear "I Came To Work" every week? Pretty soon it will far surpass the American Idol bi-weekly "God Bless The USA" travesty.

Brandon: I like him! Smoothhhhhh for a 16yo. Impressive! I can see him moving on.

Michelle: Oh, God. At the VERY end of the song when she is posed to the right of the chair holding that mic "pole" she was soooooo stripper! And the judges. Please. Carnie says, "OOOOOOOOH! WHO'S HORNYYYYYY........um, I think that was too sexy". And stupid JoJo with, "AHHHHHH! DO ME BABY!!!!!!" and then the same, "Um, too sexy." Uh huh. Way to use the irony. I thought she looked uncomfortable, too.

Todd: Okay, Todd managed to say "Cinderfella" and "Fairy Godmother" in his time on camera. I mean, honestly, not trying to be rude because my bestfriend in gay, but that was the worst drag show I've ever seen minus the drag. It was so bad, in fact, that I switched channels and watched Celine Dion in Vegas. Yeah. That bad.

Serena: When I heard the song choice, I was ready to hurl but I liked the way she changed it up. Actually, pretty darned good.

Ryan: Oh, poor baby. I mean, I realllllly liked him from what I had seen so far but that left me FLAT. Bad song. Oy.

Jameison: Hmmmmm. Not crazy about the song. Pretty girl but that song was a poor selection. And I realllllly dug her in all the previews I've seen of her. Over all, okay.

I'll go:

1) Brandon
    2) Serena
    3) Jameison

I didn't care for the other three at all, really.

Funny, so far - although I like all 6 that have moved on to some degree - I haven't seen the ONE that I think can take it all. I'm waiting for Moy. I think - don't ask me why because I have seen precious little of her - that Moy is going to walk away with the whole shebang.

Ok .... here's my take on these guys tonite

1. Brandon - How could you not love this guy? He was adorable! Dancing was great, singing was.....okay. He was very appealing, though, for being only 16. Probably my favorite of the night.

2. Michelle - Okay, the whole "bio" just destroyed this cheerleader before she even got started. Class president - YAY! Missing the prom - boohoo.... Got a call from someone who wanted to steal my spot as class prez - oh, no, can't have THAT!!! Sorry. Good thing she couldn't sing, or I might have felt bad dismissing her before she even started.

3. Todd - um, hmmmmmmm. What can you say? Liked Charles Grigsby singing that song better, and that ain't saying a whole lot. He was very, um, stiff. And what was up with the circa 1976 wardrobe? One word - ewwww.

4. Serena - Yeah, spunk, yeah, pizazz. She got it going on. But she knew that already didn't she? That was the only thing I didn't like about her. Other than that....best voice of the night. She should've moved it a little more in her song, she can obviously dance.

5. Ryan - awwww this guy is tiny! Ok he can dance. I'll give him that, but all that spinny stuff he did made me dizzy. Singing, well, to be able to even speak after twirling around like that is quite an accomplishment. But the singing? Maybe he should've kept his mouth shut.

6. Jameison - Ok, hubby was gettin sweaty over this chick. I actually kinda liked her voice, and she IS hot. And how cute were the Filipino grandparents cheering in the audience? I like her.

Group number was good - these kids can really shake it. Damn, makes me wish I could dance - they make it look so fun...... Vocals are another thing, but hey, kids, this AIN'T American Idol.

I agree with the top 3 of the night. But none of them impressed me as much as Alex last week. He's still my guy for now. Yikes, and he's only 18!! And I thought it was bad to lust over a 24-year-old on that "other show". I gotta get over this younger man thing.....
    In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy about the selections so far. I wanted Judy from last week rather than Britney Spears and Todd this week instead of whats her face, but my favorites are getting through, so good job to the judges. Especially Carnie Wilson!

Picked the same as the judges so far, but waiting for someone to grab me like Ruben and Tamyra did - someone who makes me want to root for them to win it all.
    Sing & dance the night away!

Well I missed last week but the promos caught my eye. I figured this show would be mostly about the dancing with adequate singing - I was right. Only Serena sang from her diaphragm. She was the best singer by far. But since I'm here to watch the dancing - the show did not dissapoint. I retired from competitive Latin and Swing dancing in 2000 - so I can respect the dancing, especially spins - and I had a man leading me in my spins!

Brandon - great dancer, singing was OK, his voice is very weak. Didn't like the pelvid thrusts in the group number - everyone and their dog can do that, except Clay.

Michelle - dancing was pretty good, singing was pretty bad. She was flat often and sang with too many breaths. Didn't like her from her profile - too "so ho" for me.

Todd - Singing was OK but again not powerful, dancing to Overjoyed looked creepy! Thought he was the worst dancer tonight from what I saw. Even his group number dancing was poor.

Serena - Good voice, not great, but pretty ding dang good. Dancing seems good also. She was the stand out tonight iMO.

Ryan - I thought he was the best dancer. His singing was OK, best of the men IMO. He stayed on-key mostly. I really liked him. I really repected his dancing ability - really stood out in the group number for me as well. His singing was far better in the group than in his solo.

Jamisen - Singing was OK, dancing was OK. She was on-key so that is better than most of them.

My ranks:

1. Serena
    2. Ryan
    3. Jamisen
    4. Brandon

big gap

5. Michelle

big gap

6. Todd

So 2/3 of my picks are through - not bad. Pretty fun show over all if you are into the dancing. If you are watching this show for singing - then you will not like it. I can't imagine any of them actually making a CD. I can see them making videos though - with all the dancing. I don't see any of them "making it" however in a singing career.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

Originally posted by Clayaholic
    Well, now Michelle can go be the president of her class again.

I forgot to mention that I thought the group number was the best part of the show. That was entertaining.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

Can somebody just tell me who got in?

+ Reply to Thread