+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Brandon ONeal - Group Two

Although I did not vote for Brandon, he definately was awesome last night. He didn't do any weird vocal "tricks", he took his time with the some and stayed with the mood of it. I was impressed.

FORT Regular
    I was pleasantly surprised as well. He really had his act together last night both in terms of vocals and his dancing. I liked him, but voted for someone else. I voted on how the performer was throughout the competition not just on one performance. Some of the others were kind of shakey last night.

FORT Fan

Brandon

Somewhere, Donny Hathaway is smiling. This young man continutes to listen, improve and impress.

FORT Regular
    He got my vote. I considered trends throughout the competition. He improved over time. His "Ain't no Sunshine," " Knocks Me Off My Feet," and "For You" were soooo impressive vocally, and the fact that his jumps and pirhouettes were chosen to market the show from the start says a good bit about his dancing. He is just so strong in both singing and dancing, and gave such polished performances at his best, that I had to go with him. I believe he deserves to win based on what we've seen. I hope he keeps his church roots and stays positive and grounded.

It was such a tough call for me because I was blown away early on by Harlemm. But Brandon kept coming more and more to the forefront with really impressive performances. He edged Harlemm out by a nose in my vote, and I really had to think about it. It was a little hard for me, and to top it off, each judge picked a different winner. All this says to me that the right people must be in the finals! This turned out to be a good competition.

I never ever ever ever feel even slightly tempted to download talent-show contestant live performances. Ever. But Brandon's "Ain't No Sunshine" might be the first. Bill Withers was NOT cursing at the TV screen at some reality show idiot ruining his song this one time.

I'm putting Brandon's version of ANS up there with the original. He really shined in that performance and didn't try to jazz it up the way some people do. He held back on the dancing and kept the mood of the song very strong!

FORT Fogey
    I cannot see anything special about Brandon. I have tried, Lord knows. He might be improving but he's still not up there with the rest. I was glad to see Justin go last week and would have chosen Brandon's departure over Moy's this week. I think she is a lot more talented than he is.

I just don't get what anybody sees in him.

FORT Regular
    Moy is beautiful to look at and sells her songs really well with attitude, smiles and personality. But her best vocal performance was her first one, and after that ... I mean she can carry a tune, but she couldn't compete with the others. I can see her as a really lovely backup singer, or doing a part in a musical, where she can use the looks and personality to her advantage.

What's nice is that all of the four finalists have a style that's different from the others. The only one I don't think should have made it that far is Serena, but only because she's not a strong dancer. I fully expect her to release a CD soon.

I do think that for people who are into the style of music that Brandon sings so well, his songs will fly off the shelves. I hope he actually considers doing some contemporary gospel music.
    Last edited by IMHO; 07-19-2003 at 03:10 PM.

FORT Newbie
    i can say i am into the style of music brandon does and his voice is sooo smooth. i certainly hope he puts out a cd later on cuz i will definately go out and get it. i did think moy had a good personality and stage presance but i think brandon outshined her and deserved to move on. if Harlemm doesnt win this thing i sure hope it's Brandon.
    ~Kat~

FORT Newbie
    Brandon is the only amateur still in the competition. All of the other 3 have show business experience. That means Brandon is a teenager who was competing against pros.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast