+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Wright, Judge

Johnny Wright, Judge

Johnny Wright was born on August 17, 19X0 in Hyannis, Massachusetts and began his musical career at the young age of 19 at WCOD as a radio DJ. From these beginnings, Johnny began his ascent to the top of the music management business under the guidance of Maurice Starr with the New Kids on the Block. When New Kids opted to take a year off, Johnny could not sit still and began managing the dance club act, Snap.

After too many years dealing with the cold, New England winters, Johnny relocated to Orlando, FL. In 1993, he formed an alliance with Lou Pearlman and in 1995 began managing the Backstreet Boys. With hard work and perseverance, Johnny successfully positioned the Backstreet Boys at the top of the charts and launched an international phenomenon that still resonates to this day.

In 1996, Johnny had the opportunity to hear a group that was already formed called NSYNC. Recognizing immediately their immense talent he persuaded them to sign to management and they very quickly became the number on pop sensation in the world. Under Johnny’s direction the Wright Entertainment Group has continued to grow and has developed and added several other stars to its incredible roster. The number one female performer in the world, Britney Spears is one of those artists, whose potential and abilities are limitless. With WEG’s reputation firmly established, Johnny has recently begun the mission of taking on previously recognized acts. R&B sensation, Sean “Puffy” Combs and Boys II Men are just two such examples. In all, WEG currently manages and guides 10 musical acts, which include: NSYNC (JIVE), Christina Milian (Island/Def Jam), Sean “P. Diddy” Combs (Bad Boy), Triple Image (WIRE), Daniel Lopes (BMG), Justin Timberlake (JIVE), Nick Cannon (JIVE), Megan McCulay, Dream (Bad Boy), and Boyz II Men (Arista).

From these successes, Johnny was able to launch Wright International Records and Entertainment (WIRE) in 2002. With this move, Johnny has once again raised his positioning in the recording industry. WIRE currently is taking the tween market by storm with three new artists: Triple Image, Stevie Brock and Jer-z.

Not satisfied to work only within music arena, Johnny has now formed, Johnny Wright Productions and brings the same talents, enthusiasm and energy that have made him a success in the music industry to film and television production.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Don't forget the Backsteet Boys sued him in a long and quite nasty battle for fraud and theft .It was settled "out of court".....

I thought that was Lou Pearlmen? Ah well...Boy band backstabbings. I never could keep up.

I thought it was Nsync that sued Lou Pearlman
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    Whether or not they sued him, he still is responsible for them becoming big names, as well as Boyz II Men and a bunch of other groups, so I think it's great that he's really going to work with the winner...

KevinColley#16 BST!!!!!!! Clayalltheway49's Avatar
    Yes, Nsync sued Lou Pearlman...what a ripoff that guy is....Backstreet Boys, and O-Town also had problems with him.
    LETS GO ISLANDERS AND SOUNDTIGERS!!!!

Nsync really got the sh1t end of the stick.

Out of the first $300m they made they took home $7m between them.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-07-2003 at 11:40 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    Still, if you put it into perspective, I'm sure most people could live on $7 million for their entire lives, easily...

Of course, but I'm sure most people would also want a fair share of the profits that had been made because of them.
    I'm sure someone on $60,000 a year wouldn't be too happy if his employer only gave him $20 a month

That's 7m, between the five of them, not each.
    Just because they still end up with more money that most people will see in their lifetime doesn't mean that it was ok to fleece them imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

KevinColley#16 BST!!!!!!! Clayalltheway49's Avatar
    yeah totally but if i was making x amount of dollars and wasn't getting what was suppoed to be there i would be kinda pissed.
    LETS GO ISLANDERS AND SOUNDTIGERS!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast