+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Serena Henry - Group Two

FORT Newbie
    I think Serena could win this thing. Is she the best voice? Not really, she tends to breathily oversing and has too much vibrato going on. I can see why she would be a fabulous back-up vocalist though.
    Still, she has such confidence and beautiful stage presence it's hard to criticize.

Wow what happened this week? That was not impressive, and I really liked her last week. She had no breath control and the singing just wasn't there. She moves well on stage. I hope she comes next week better prepared and does a better job.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

She didn't do a whole lot for me this week.
    Vocally not many of these kids impress me though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie

Serena is awful

I can't imagine her winning it all.
    Harlemm deserves to win.

Can someone PLEASE tell me what that thing is in Serena's hair??? :

Wow I thought Serena did great this week. I really liked her performance. I thought that was one of the most vocally proficient attempts FAME has seen. I don't think any of these kids are truly great singers, but on this show, that was a great performance. Great job.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

FORT Regular
    Originally posted by RealVoyeur
    Can someone PLEASE tell me what that thing is in Serena's hair??? :
    It's a cowry shell. Here's some info on them:

from http://www.africaimports.com/meaning...owry_shell.htm

The Meaning and History of the Cowry Shell

The ever popular cowry shell has many uses and meanings. It has shown up in the form of money, jewelry, and even religious accessories in almost every part of the world. Found in the islands of the Indian Ocean, the cowry shell soon gained popularity throughout much of ancient Africa. Its influence, however, also spread to China, where it was used as a form of currency to such an extent that the Chinese used its shape to form their pictograph for money! Today excavations have found some of the money of ancient China in the form of brass and silver cowry shells. Wherever the cowry shells were found, it seems as if they were thought of as wealth.

FORT Newbie
    I think Serena could win this thing. Is she the best voice? Not really, she tends to breathily oversing and has too much vibrato going on. I can see why she would be a fabulous back-up vocalist though. Still, she has such confidence and beautiful stage presence it's hard to criticize.

Ugh. It's easy to criticize her. She can't sing a song without inserting riffs and going all up and down the scale. Last night's performance was terrible. Bette Midler was probably embarrassed.

Another week where she really didn't do a whole lot for me.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    I don't know, I am not impressed, she has a strong voice, but it doesn't have an edge to me, I can't stop thinking or seeing her as a lounge singer. She doesn't captivate my eye, and I think she lacks greatly in the dancing, I just don't think she has the triple threat, it will be interesting to see how people are voting next week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast