+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sean Dolan

:fight

He and Justin can duke it out to see which one is the worst of the 24.

It is a tie. Get them out of there
    :mad:

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by annray
    :fight

He and Justin can duke it out to see which one is the worst of the 24.

It is a tie. Get them out of there
    :mad:
    Don't forget about Danny...

Yeah he was really bad.....

BTW, I LOVE your av, cali.

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    Boy band flat singing. Very disappointing.

FORT Fogey
    Okay, this boy CANNOT SING!! And what's with him going "Ach, Ach" in between every line. It sounds like he has a hairball. I'm glad he's gone...

I'm going to have nightmares about this horrible performance!

FORT Newbie

Re: Sean Dolan

Wow, it's been quite a long time since the show. It is however, time to set the story straight. At risk of incriminating myself and breaking the non-disclosure agreement I made with NBC, I have a feeling that by now, they don't mind me revealing certain 'behind the scenes' details regarding the show. Seeing as it did not receive the following they hoped, and the second season they anticipated, I hope the legel department won't hunt me down for this.

This is Sean Dolan. No, my performance did not sound great. I have a copy, I'm well aware. lol. Interesting thing though, if you look closely at my lips during certain shots, you can see that I am not exactly in sync with the words you hear. This is due to the fact that during 'dress rehearsal' we performed in front of an empty audience and camera men taking pictures for promo photos (like the one seen on the front page of Houston Chronicle). Our voice was recorded during the rehearsal, and was dubbed in for the live show. What you heard on the show, was me singing to an empty audience, and not the actual performance the studio audience heard. Now, I'm not saying I had a spactacular live performance and they tried to make me look bad, but a performance in front of a crowd will always sound better than one without.

There were no monitors to speak of. I was singing into a black hole. Many of the performers, namely Shannon Bex and Harlem, sounded phenomenal, not only because they are just amazing, but because they have performed under these conditions before. So, was I tone deaf? Nope. Was I a great 'live' performer? Nope. It's a completely different dynamic. That's why many artists sound great in the studio, and not so great on stage. Give them headphones to monitor their voice or a wireless monitor on stage and they sound great. Even the best performers use monitors. Here's a link to a site where you can hear my voice, for the handful of people out there who care to hear (if that many)
    www*orangemanproductions*com/seandolan
    (the forum will not allow links, but I think you can figure it out)

I've been relying on my online reputation for much of the work I am doing lately, so it was important for me to clear the air on this.

Thanks to all who did watch the show, and the great cast and crew - you'll always have a place in my heart.

Sean Dolan
    OrangeMan Productions
    281-750-6672

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12