+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finalists

FORT Newbie
    Shannon Bex, Wow, is amazing! Besides the fact that she just totally represented last night, it is so cool see someone so beautiful and sexy and still have values. Shannon has got it all. The show is looking for the triple threat and she is definatly that. I mean all the other great performers i.e. Serena, Harlem, Alex, they can't really dance that well. Trust me I've been dancing for 9 years (hip hop / Jazz) they can sure do the moves but they just look akward. Shannon is a dancer that sings, and she showed it last night that she can definatly hang with the singers that can dance. Go Shannon you got my votes.

FORT Newbie
    She was AWESOME!!!!! Go Shannon!!!

She is nowhere near the singing ability that Serena is. Serena is a singer that dances rather than a dancer who sings. Serena is gonna win this thing.

I like so many of them right now I can't choose my favorite. I need to see more. Right now I really like Allyson, Harlemm, Lauren, Shannon, Alex and Serena. Next I like Raymond, Moy, and Gary. Last is Jamisen, Brandon and Justin.

My opinion is if you take out Justin and Jamisen, you have a really talented top 10.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

FORT Fogey
    I find it interesting that the majority of the Semi-Finalists were Dancers Who Sing (17 out of 24), but every single one of the Singers Who Dance moved on to the Finals and they're now the majority (7 of 12). I'm thinking this is because Debbie picked the Semi-Finalists and really judged seriously on dancing, so they all had quite impressive dancing talents, whether their specialty was singing or dancing. Then, when the judges listened, they preferred the people with singing experience and chose them, because none of them were really bad dancers, but some needed some vocal work...

It's funny that you put Brandon so low on your list, because I love his voice and really like him and Harlemm the best so far (as does my husband, who actually is a singer). I wish I could sing, but I just wasn't blessed with that talent...

FORT Regular
    This was supposed to be about a triple threat. So far they seem to focus on singing. The only triple threats I can see are Allison, Lauren, Shannon and Gary. They are all superb dancers. The rest just move around with easy hip hop moves. Those 3 girls know ballet and Gary, too. He did the lifts and the other 3 did battements in the group number "FAME".

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by notriplethreat
    This was supposed to be about a triple threat. So far they seem to focus on singing. The only triple threats I can see are Allison, Lauren, Shannon and Gary. They are all superb dancers. The rest just move around with easy hip hop moves. Those 3 girls know ballet and Gary, too. He did the lifts and the other 3 did battements in the group number "FAME".
    Did you see Brandon's dancing during his singing number and the group numbers in the Semi-Finals? Honestly, it was really good. I haven't seen anyone in the Finals who really wasn't a good dancer, except maybe Alex, but I like his voice and personality so much I want him to stay around for a while...

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    Raymond still can't quite be called a good dancer. Serviceable, though.

FORT Fogey
    I think there are several people in the Finals who are both great singers and dancers and those that are good in only one of the two fields (although they may be great in that one field) will gradually be eliminated.

FORT Regular

Gary Adams

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Gary Adams and his attitude.

Those of you who tape the show can refer back to his first solo performance - afterward the judges said he doesn't have to try so hard because he's clearly very good already. Debbie Allen was complimenting him, but did casually affirm that notion, offhandedly mentioning a criticism she had been giving to him, something like "just sing the melody and it will all be alright." He blew her off, rolling his eyes and shaking his head. I remember noticing that and thinking it was a little rude - it gave the impression that he knows better than she and all the judges do about how he should perform. It seemed even ruder because she was in the midst of saying very supportive things to him (I guess he can't argue with compliments).

This past week, in my humble opinion, he looked like a bobblehead doll the way he kept moving his head around. It was distracting - I was afraid he might give himself brain damage. He didn't sound his best or move his best either, compared with what we've seen him do.

Anyhoo, the judges tried to help him out by pointing out some areas that could be strengthened in his performance, which I felt were good criticisms. His response was "I respect your opinions, but they're just opinions."

Clearly, he has no interest in anyone's thoughts about his performance other than his own. Confidence is one thing, but to be so unaware that he has room for improvement, to be so sure that he's just so phenomenal as he is, would be bad enough if he really were that great, but it's even worse to see someone so talented ignore people who can help him become even better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast