+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MacKenzie Thomas - Semi-Finalist

FORT Fogey

MacKenzie Thomas - Semi-Finalist

Personally, I thought she was the best of the girls (although Alex and Garry were way better in my opinion). But I wasn't surprised when the judges picked Shannon over her, because she was more flirtacious and a better performer when she was singing...

FORT Fogey

-Rach

I thought she was the best too. But they had to take the "Ho" no, not Judy Ho but the other one instead.
    -phusion :phhht

Yeah, I liked MacKenzie, and thought she was more talented than Shannon.

Well, I liked everyone better than Shannon, so it's not saying much but trust me. I liked her a lot. I think she was one of the few people I remembered from the auditions and everything... but they're all becoming jumbled in my mind so maybe not.

FORT Fogey
    Her picture from http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Fame/contestants.shtml
    Attached Images Attached Images

FORT Newbie

MacKenzie

Entertainment is the quality that they are looking for when they talk about the triple threat. Mac's voice is a great Broadway quality voice and it won't surprise me when she ends up there. But in this competition they are looking for well rounded entertainers, and they are being judged by experts in pop music - not broadway music. How would the judging have gone if Julie Andrews, a Broadway producer and a theater critic were judging. Alex or Shannon might have gone down and Mac gotten the go ahead. If there is someone to watch in this based on who the judges are, it's the ones that do hip-hop/boy band stuff. From the intro Sean Dolan looks like a contender based on these judges. It was hard to tell if he can sing in that rap intro but he could certainly move and he had huge energy - a key element in entertaining. Ryan Chatto is another one to watch though his dance style was a bit more Broadway (very good) than Johnny Wright is use to seeing. I think we're going to see a clash throughout this first contest between Debbie Allen's original judging criteria and the judges - they come from two different worlds.

FORT Fogey
    I just found out that MacKenzie is a sophomore at NU and she saw what I posted on the site and instant messaged me. Apparently, she and Raymond both go to my alma mater. The eliminated contestants have all been home as of last Thursday, but they will be in the next two group numbers, because they are previously taped, although they can't divulge who moves on. Anyway, she said that they don't get to choose their outfits, but they do get to choose their songs, although the producers can "suggest" something else if they don't like them. She also said that there was no conflict on the show and that everyone was really nice and got along really well, which is probably why they bring the spoiler contestant along to incite conflict. She also said that all of the contestants go on the board and read the comments, but they're not allowed to post. Also, she said that Judy's sister and Christine's boyfriend are both legitimate.
    Last edited by AnnaRHR; 06-09-2003 at 12:36 AM.

How cool.
    It was nice if her to take the time to send you a message.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    It was very strange, because I got this random instant message and I wasn't sure who it was, then she started talking about school and the show and everything and we talked on IM for a while. Apparently, she's moving into my friend's old apartment. And, like I thought, Raymond is from NU too (I thought he was, but I never thought she was). Also, she said that she and Alex and one other person all went to high school together at Interlochen. That would be so strange running into people you know from high school on a national television show.

I should have assumed there would be NU students on here - They seem to be on all the talent shows (NU has a top music and theater department). I wish I had musical or dancing ability (sadly, I'm extremely lacking in that department)...

I didn't even think that the contestants are visiting the sites, but apparently they are... That's intriguing.

+ Reply to Thread