+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Shannon Bex - Finalist

This may have been covered, but in my opinion, her greatest obstacle is the fact that she looks so much like a Britney clone.

From what I've seen she has the talent to potentially be so much more, but her resemblance to Miss Spears will be more of a hinderance than a help, for sure.
    ~M o s a i K~

I agree, I think it would help Shannon if she would change her look *just a bit* in order to distance herself from Britney's image... I think the comparison to Britney will be what hurts her

FORT Newbie
    Trust me she has heard it, but honestly she has looked this way since before Brittany her hair has been the same since I have known her, everything, it's unfortuante, but I am sure once she get's picked up by a recording producer they might have some suggestions, although, have any of you seen brittany lately, she's gained a good 15pds. and her hair is shorter and not quite so blonde, I think vocally they are very different and that's what's important.

I totally believe you that Shannon has always looked this way, and I know Britney looks different now, but Britney has faded in popularity some and I think people mainly remember her as she looked a few years ago...

I think the fact that Britney is no longer "hot" with the public and there has actually been some backlash against her, and the fact that Shannon looks similar to how Britney looked back when she was popular, that it could hurt Shannon's chances now in this show...

I'd really hate to see that happen to Shannon too because I do love her and think she's great!

FORT Newbie
    I totally understand what you are saying, the good thing is that I honestly believe that once Shannon get's into the business that she won't be doing Brittany type albums and so it will take away that negative tie. I think that at first people might feel that way, but she has a much stronger voice than brittany more like Christina Aguliera if anyone, so I guess it just depends on who signs her, but regardless I think she will prove quickly that her style and everything else is very different. Thanks for the support!

FORT Regular
    The virgin thing is probably what is fueling the comparisons. The major difference between Brittney and Shannon is that only one of them has any strength as a vocalist. They're both beautiful ladies, but let's face it. Brittney cannot sing. She's a talented performer who dances and fills the stage with charisma, but her voice causes me pain. I mean physical pain.

FORT Newbie
    If Shannon rocks the house again tonight then she'll probably make it far and i hope she wins!
    Charla and Mirna were the true winners and sole entertainment of the Amazing Race 5!

Satan and She-demon (Colin and Christy) suck and will never win! :phhht

Rooting for Dolly to win Survivor: Vanuatu!

Originally posted by IMHO
    The virgin thing is probably what is fueling the comparisons.
    I was referring to appearance and style entirely. When I first saw her, the first thought that entered my mind was "oh no... the last thing we need is another Britney"... I can see past that and appreciate the talent - I know for a fact many people cannot.
    ~M o s a i K~

FORT Newbie
    I agree, I think that her talent sets her far apart, I can't wait to see her tonight. I am so excited to see what song she sings, I am not sure if they have full range, but she sings "Blue" like I have never heard before. Anyways, thanks for supporting her!!

FORT Newbie
    i liked her.

+ Reply to Thread