+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Shannon Bex - Finalist

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Shannon is very talented , although she didn't shine in the beginning , her Proud Mary was a good rendition.I hope she goes far.
    It's like that couple on TAR who are branded as Virgins . Why do I have to know about your personal life? Its a singing and dancing competition. I could care less if she slept with anyone and everyone to get there or not . It doesn't help or hurt the performance one bit.
    We go through the same arguement every time a new reality show hits air. In the internet / national inquirer age , don't apply unless you are willing to have every aspect of your personal life torn apart.All participants should be well aware of this before they agree on appearing.

That's very ture Eny.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Well this week 6/18 was my first time to see Shannon. I was very impressed. She danced the house down during her solo performance. Lots of energy and her voice was great. I really enjoyed it. I hope she stays around for a long time. Great job.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

SBexFan

Shannon Fanlisting

hey guys! a great new fanlisting just opened... so if you're a Shannon fan, head on over to www.shannon-bex.cjb.com

thanks!!!

FORT Newbie
    Thanks for the comments, I am not trying to say others can't voice their opinion, I am just trying to shed light on those who make hasty comments. Shannon's character and values are very important and I do not think that you can just put those aside. I am sure that the stylists love dressing her because she is gorgeous, but even clothes don't determine your character, it's a performance outfit, but maybe I just think that way because I am also a professional dancer and audiences don't look at it that way I guess. Anyhow, I know that Shannon can handle the critisizm. Thank you so much for all that do support her, this is a dream of her's and I know that something will happen.

Amy

FORT Fogey
    I think she's clearly very talented and I know from one of the other contestants that their choose are selected by a stylist and they do not choreograph their own numbers, so I certainly wouldn't blame her for her portrayal on the show. However, it is unfortunate that the show is resorting to being sleazy when they already have such talented performers.

FORT Newbie
    Again I would say how is that sleezy, just because it's a short dress doesn't make her sleazy, I think that it is unfair for people to put that label on her, like I said it's not like she is walking down the street. Also, I think that they do pick their outfits, but they definitely haven't choreographed any of Shannon's routines. She has also danced for the Portland Trailblazer's and has performed that number before, and as for it being Tina style, well yeah that's who sings it, and as a dancer that's how you choreograph and add style. Regardless, I think that many of these performers have a lot of talent and are put under a microscope, so oh well I guess it goes with the job

Amy

I think the show is going overboard by pushing ALL the attractive females to be very sexual in their performances...

I wouldn't mind it so much if it was just some of the time but does it have to be EVERY SINGLE performance?

That being said I think Shannon is getting an unfairly large amount of criticism for it because I think many of the other females had a much more "slutty" appearance than Shannon did.

And even out the ones that are acting more "slutty" I can surely give them the benefit of the doubt that they aren't like that in real life but this is just an act for television.

About Shannon, she is my number 1 favorite right now... she is probably the best dancer in the top 12, she seems to have a sweet personalty, she is an awesome entertainer and has terrific confidence on stage and great stage presence, she is GORGEOUS, and from what I've heard of her voice she is definitely above average and compares well with her competition.. to me Shannon is the ideal
    TRIPLE THREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Go girl!!!! You're gonna be a star

FORT Fogey
    Also, there is a big difference between being sexy and being sleazy. This week, I think Shannon's performance was sexy and appropriate. However, her choreography from the Semi-Finals was quite inappropriate and fairly sleazy. I don't blame the contestants, and instead blame the stylists who dressed them and Debbie Allen and the other choreographers who choreographed their numbers, plus the producers who gave all that the okay...

eny
    FORT Fogey

I really think she may be too afraid to say no ,even though she knows its not appropriate. I think Shannons great.

Just say no when they try and make you look out of character girl.

+ Reply to Thread