+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Shannon Bex - Finalist

FORT Fan
    Thanks for the update achilds..do you have the link..the url..of that article in your local paper?

wishing the best for shannon...I hope she puts out a more "rock/pop" cd...she shines on the faster songs I think she is gonna be a winner from this show

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by freebiesite
    Thanks for the update achilds..do you have the link..the url..of that article in your local paper?
    Blazer dancer finishes 2nd on "Fame," but wins raves

Quote Originally Posted by IMHO
    Side question - how is it that someone who is "banned" can still post messages?
    who was banned?

eny
    FORT Fogey
    People are banned for not sticking to the website rules that everyone agreed to when they signed on
    usually insulting others, getting mad and flaming the guy who pays the bills ( This is a private site) and staff ,or being racist is a good way to get banned. Some are temporary, some permanent .

Back to the lovely Shannon please ....

FORT Newbie
    YES!! Thanks for the consistent support freebiesite, we are very happy to have Shannon home and she has received so much support back at home, all the kids love her, and she is truly amazing with them and so humble when people come up to her.

I also have to say that I think I am most excited for her to do a ballad on her cd, because she is amazing at ballads, what you heard on the show is not her true talent, nerves definetly got to her. Trust me you'll get the goosebumps

Thanks and take care!!!

Shannon Should have won this thing....Harlem lied about his age anyways....he should have been kicked out of the contest!

Quote Originally Posted by Missin Dave
    Shannon Should have won this thing....Harlem lied about his age anyways....he should have been kicked out of the contest!
    I think it's interesting to note that most harlemm bashers on this site have problems with his age, name change etc and not lack of talent. Although some have voiced opinions that his style is weird, nobody finds fault with his pitch or vocal abilities, or his ability to grab your attention and entertain.
    Ok, I know this is a Shannon thread, but let's face it - she was flat, off pitch and growly singing - wise. However, I do think she's a terrific dancer and has a great body (yeah, I would kill for her thighs) and with the help of a good stylist who dresses her properly, she will look beautiful.

What I'm trying to say is, although all this talent thing seems subjective, and some point objectivity kicks in - and I think even the Harlemm bashers realize he has more talent objectively, and that's why they keep picking on exterior factors. Well, you know what, this show is a talent search called FAME, not the "last trustworthy" entertainer. The winner won for the right reasons.

I think Shannon was the best female dancer. Even though I wasn't crazy about her voice at times, she will probably benefit with professional training to help with any little problems she had in the past. The recording contract is a fantastic break for her, or anyone, and I'm sure she will run with it.

I think Shannon was a great dancer, but I think her voice was average.
    Harlemm certainly scored higher for me on vocal ability.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by marvine
    I think it's interesting to note that most harlemm bashers on this site have problems with his age, name change etc and not lack of talent. Although some have voiced opinions that his style is weird, nobody finds fault with his pitch or vocal abilities, or his ability to grab your attention and entertain.

The name thing is irrelevant. Other celebrities who have changed their names for show-business are not considered liers for changing their names. Move on.

The age thing was a lie. Interesting that he admitted it, yet still won the competition. I think that America realizes that show business (like most other businesses) discriminates based on age, so it was an understandable lie in a competitive audition with no knowledge of whether the judging would be fair and based exclusively on talent. (As stated earlier on the thread, in the most recent American Idol a man was told flat out that he was too old. Was this related to an official age requirement? If so, how did he get in to audition? This was bias, pure and simple, unrelated to the rules of the game).

The only people who seem caught up in the age thing are people who preferred another competitor. Go ahead and prefer, but your preference takes nothing away from the talent of the other competitors, winners or not. It certainly didn't take away any of Harlemm's votes.

+ Reply to Thread