+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Shannon Bex - Finalist

FORT Newbie
    She does look like Brittney - not her fault - but a producer is going to see it as a brittney copy not worth taking on unless she has pipes that blow Brittney out of the water. The reality is that Shannon didn't sing a Triple Threat level. She did not come accross concieted to me and as for her sleezy look - that's the wardrobe guys fault. These kids are a bit intimidated by their first look at hollywood and when wardrobe says this will look good - they trust them. I think this true also of the songs being sung. Danny should have sang something with a latin beat that worked for him - something that would have showcased his salsa style - but he probably took someones advice and did a piece that he wasn't comfortable with and it showed.

I really liked her, she was my favorite from last week. You couldn't really tell what kinda voice she had from the song, but she was a good performer IMO.

Originally posted by ninobaldaci
    The reality is that Shannon didn't sing at Triple Threat level.
    I would have to agree with that nino.

I think she's pretty enough, I think she dances pretty well too.
    I wasn't blown away with her voice though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by fluff
    I would have to agree with that nino.

I think she's pretty enough, I think she dances pretty well too.
    I wasn't blown away with her voice though.
    Agreed. I think the only triple threat was Garry, although his personality appeared somewhat lacking. Alex had voice and personality, MacKenzie had voice and personality, Danny had personality, and Judy had personality...

FORT Newbie
    Originally posted by AnnaRHR
    Agreed. I think the only triple threat was Garry, although his personality appeared somewhat lacking. Alex had voice and personality, MacKenzie had voice and personality, Danny had personality, and Judy had personality...
    Ok I'm gonna piss somebody off here but Garry does have the triad but he won't make it to the top. Why? While Hollywood producers work with efemenant men all the time and don't think twice about it - the American public does have an on average bias against gay men. I don't know that Garry is gay but he comes off that way - not just to me but to almost everyone I've asked. It's a reality of the business. If you want to sell records to young screeming teeny-boppers (revealing my age here) you don't let them know your gay. Garry may not be, but a significant number of American voters are gonig to think he is. It's not right - it's not fair - it's life.

FORT Newbie
    Shannon is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I do know her and some may say that makes my opinion biased, but what I can tell you is that I have not met a person that does not adore her. She cannot help that she resembles Brittany (Brittany resembles her but I know one thing for sure, her voice is ten times better, I can say that because I have heard her sing so many different songs, and have heard her ranges. She sang a song that was produced right after 9.11 to honor the soldiers and raise money for the children who parents had passed, and it was amazing. She has true character, is beautiful, funny, amazing dancer, and a voice that gives you chills. I can't wait until you have the chance to hear her again, I think you will feel different. Anyways, I hope this gives you a little more information about her, I know it is hard to make judgements about someone you just saw on television for a short period. Thanks for listening and hopefully you support Shannon too!!

to the site achilds.

Britney looks like her

I like that comment

It's really hard to make a "judgement" about someone after seeing them for just a few minutes.
    I'm waiting to see them all let loose with their dancing.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    It appears there is only one person out here who actually knows Shannon. I do not feel any person has the right to judge her based on us watching some hyped up TV program. I give her a ton of credit for being there, wheather she made the first cut or wins the entire show. She has more courage than me and has the respect of many. I give all the contestants my best, in any reality show. I takes a lot to project ones-self for public display and public criticism (SP). If you can not support ALL the people, keep your opinions to yourself. I know I do not have what it takes to be there, and if you are out here bashing her or anyone else, it is pretty obvious you don't either. Give support not bashing!!!

People choosing to appear on reality shows are seting themselves up to be criticised.
    People have the right here to state their opinions about the performers, not about other posters.
    People will have different favourites and not every post will be supportive. People are just stating their opinions.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    Thanks for the comments, I tried reading my messages and then lost them, but anyhow I agree that everyone has a right to their own opinion. I would love for everyone to support Shannon, yet I don't expect it, I am just writing to let you know a little more to her since you only get a small glimse. Yes we are good friends, and I can give you a true testimony of her character, and can honestly tell you that I haven't met one person with something bad to say, she's awesome. I look forward to her being able to show more of her talent!!!

Amy

+ Reply to Thread