+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Shannon Bex - Finalist

Quote Originally Posted by freebiesite
    JMO...I find it funny that the only think people can still pick on is "pretty people" and "blue eyed blonds"....*and no, I am a brunette...but I have a real honest streak in me tee hee..

our sociiety is sooo politically correct we cant pick on race, nationality, sexual leanings, overweight, age, or just plain "ugly"...
    ...LOL
    Quick comment: The same goes to animals. People yell about cute bambi being hunted, but think little about a turkey or cow.

FORT Newbie
    I think that you are mistaken about Shannon being cold and distant, she is probably just nervous, wouldn't you be? I have talked to people that were in the audience on the night that she did "Proud Mary" and she had a great response from the audience, a standing ovation, (that was not shown on TV).
    I agree with the comments about "blone hair-blue eyed" people getting picked on, Shannon has always been picked apart by people who haven't taken the time, or haven't had a chance to get to know her, just because of her looks and her talents. Shannon really is as sweet and wonderful as everyone keeps saying, and I am sure that if everyone had the opportunity to get to know her like I do this site would only be filled with positive encouraging messages!!

FORT Newbie
    I had to copy and paste this to Shannon's own thread, it was from the spoiler thread from last nights show.

"And thankfully she didn't pander to the troops this week, which was embarassingly fake last time."
    -quote from BobDobolina

Just to let you know, Shannon had a chance to fly to Fort Hood, Texas in February of this year where she was able to meet/talk with the families and children that had spouse that were already gone or going to be deported. As you know there are still soldiers dying, and even though it's not as public anymore, I am sure that she would like to use her time on t.v. to mention them sense they made such an impact on us, not because it sounds good, but because she knows and has memories of those families. I was there also and I can tell you that it is a memory and experience that I will never forget, or explain. And yes I still think about them all the time, you can't even imagine how the families opened up and you felt like it was your family being deported. I think it was a good reminder for us to remember them, even though they aren't on a news special all day long!!!! I can't believe that after everything that has happened that somebody would just say it was fake, but I guess some people just know everything, next time please be alittle more respectful, thanks.

amy

FORT Newbie
    I felt it was rather odd timimg for Debbie to be discussing how nice Shannon was and no mention of the performance she just gave. (perhaps she did and I missed it) I believe Shannon's personality came up because the producers wanted to address this problem.There are many that simply don't care for her. That fact can't be denied. I don't believe it's because of how she looks. If that was the case Allison would be getting the same feedback. Allison is equally as pretty. Shyness can be a problem, however I'm not sure if the public will buy that considering she has entertained to large groups of people with the Trailblazers and in the band in which she is a member. This is a 24 year old women wiht lots of experience. She said she has thick skin so I assume she is well aware of the criticism. Now she needs to get working on it.

She does seem a litle shy to me... after all being on television every week in front of millions(?) is much bigger than what any of them have done before... but I agree she should work on overcoming that a little more...

Regardless of her shyness to me she still projects a very warm & sweet, sincere personality... somebody I wouldn't mind knowing better...

COmpare this to Serena, who also appears to be somewhat quiet... to me Serena has always appeared a little cold and distant... somebody who I don't really want to know better...

FORT Newbie
    I guess everyone reads things differently, it's interesting to hear that, because I honestly didn't know that she came off that way to some people. To me it just seems like she was humbled to be there???

FORT Newbie
    shannon to me seems to be a sweetheart.

First of all, it's so nerveracking the way they do the "finalists" thing.
    To be there w/ the light flashing on your face, not knowing your future?
    Personally i hate that part of the show, i WAY prefer the American Idol way of choosing people. But that's a whole other story.

Shannon seems very deserving and happy and humble to be there.

I think she's definetly the top one along w/ Harlemm.

That's just my opinion tho!!!

www.shannon-bex.cjb.com

this is sbexfan i just forget my pw for the moment!

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=TripleThreatSBF]shannon to me seems to be a sweetheart.

First of all, it's so nerveracking the way they do the "finalists" thing.
    To be there w/ the light flashing on your face, not knowing your future?
    Personally i hate that part of the show, i WAY prefer the American Idol way of choosing people. But that's a whole other story.

Shannon seems very deserving and happy and humble to be there.

I think she's definetly the top one along w/ Harlemm.

I completely agree with you, the whole lights and drum beating before they announce the next performer is all to nerve wrecking. I think people might misread their nervousness as being something else. After reading all the posts on Shannon's character I highly doubt she's either cold or distant. She has time over time thanked America for supporting her and seems genuinely humble to make it this far into the show. I don't get why people are being so critical of her.

FORT Fan
    Another thing I like about shannon...she seems like she truly wants this...each week she comes out and gives it her all...she had that one week that wasnt as good, but all in all she has been more consistent than most of these kids, she hasnt had a "bad" nite like some of them..

Shannon deserves to win this and she can make the most of it, and actually do Fame "proud"

FORT Newbie
    I agree, I think that people also forget to think about where they will go after this, it's not just about getting a single, like AI. It's about the talent scout Wihlemina??sp, dance classes for a year, and coaching and contract with Johnny, and a part in Fame, I really think that Shannon has the whole package and could make the best use of all of the prizes and would have a beginning to a great career. Glad to see that majority doesn't want to pick her to pieces

+ Reply to Thread