+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Shannon Bex - Finalist

FORT Regular
    Originally posted by TOCTenor2005
    I think you guys are coming off as stuckup know it alls for saying so much crap about her and then using your "just my opinion" cop out.
    Commentary about any contestant is likely to include both positive and negative elements, or else it is probably not fully honest or complete commentary. If you disagree with something you see, you might consider adding to the discussion with WHY you disagree, rather than personally attacking others by name-calling. I'm not sure what is accomplished by it, as it can come across as knee-jerk defensiveness rather than thoughtful contribution.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Originally posted by iamimpressed
    Shannon is definitely very very talented.... I don't think she needs anyone to defend her every other post at times....

I think she is muti-talented with a good chance of being 2nd or maybe even first.... who knows.... Harlem is just going to be very very tough to beat in my opinion
    Well said, I agree!

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by IMHO
    Commentary about any contestant is likely to include both positive and negative elements, or else it is probably not fully honest or complete commentary. If you disagree with something you see, you might consider adding to the discussion with WHY you disagree, rather than personally attacking others by name-calling. I'm not sure what is accomplished by it, as it can come across as knee-jerk defensiveness rather than thoughtful contribution.

But hey, that's just my opinion.
    Thank you!

FORT Newbie
    She's been a favorite of mine since Group 1 episode, but last week (Ep6) was way below par.

FORT Newbie
    I agree, and having heard her sing, I know that was way below what she is capable of, I am looking forward to Wednesday to see what they all pick and hopefully she will get a song that she is comfortable with cleared. And, I would never tell someone to agree with me, or say that opinions aren't allowed, I am just giving you some of my insight. Shannon is amazed and humbled by the support, she's just a normal person like all of us and the other contestants. I really don't agree with the way Fame is doing the cutting though, I think that is really hard on the contestants to stand there waiting and then perform and the drop of the hat, I know I would be frazzled, I am amazed at how any of them performed, yet I guess a lot of people just believed they were going to make it thru so it wasn't so bad ???

Amy

:fight This is everyone agreeing and disagreeing about Shannon.

She clearly has talent but did not do well last week. Hopefully she will improve this week and not over do her performance.

Remember we do not all have the same opinions and have a right to that. Only one of them can be #1 so vote for your favorite (as Ryan would say)!

FORT Regular
    Originally posted by achilds
    Shannon is amazed and humbled by the support, she's just a normal person like all of us and the other contestants.
    Yeah, just a normal person with a killer bod and a gorgeous face who can dance most of the other contestants off the stage. You know, the average girl next door. She's in most people's top three, so regardless of anything anyone says, people are recognizing that she is in this competition for real. Be sure to pass that on to her, Amy - I might need a confidence boost if I knew I didn't perform to my abilities last week, so let her know we are all expecting a killer performance this Wednesday because we've seen them from her enough times to know that it's in her.

Originally posted by achilds
    I really don't agree with the way Fame is doing the cutting though, I think that is really hard on the contestants to stand there waiting and then perform and the drop of the hat
    As for those who were able to stay, hats off to them for performing under that kind of pressure without suffering a nervous breakdown. Last week the hosts kept saying DON'T MISS THE FIRST FIVE MINUTES, saying they were going to tell us the results up front. I don't much appreciate how they changed that up on us, and I'm sure the contestants didn't either - it wouldn't surprise me at all if they only found out the new format themselves five minutes before the show.

FORT Newbie
    Thanks I am sure it will be an awesome performance, unfortunately I can't tell her, I haven't talked to her since she has been there, but thanks for the support!!!

Amy

FORT Newbie
    I too am a good friend of Shannon's from high school. Shannon is the sweetest most sincere person that I have ever met. We met through dance team our Freshman year and became great friends. She is beautifil from the inside out; the most kind hearted, talented person. There have been many times that Shannon's dancing alone has brought me to tears. She puts so much passion and emotion into everything that she does. I just wish that everyone had just one minute to sit down with Shannon and learn what she is all about. Then they could stop criticizing and start supporting. You could not dream of a better role model to come into the business at this time. Shannon has and is working so hard to make her dreams come true.....She deserves the best; stardom, and I know that she can acheive it!!

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Originally posted by KIMMER360
    You could not dream of a better role model to come into the business at this time!
    Welcome to the board, Kimmer. Thanks for posting more about Shannon. It's just a shame that the bulk of the American voting public does not care a lick if someone would be a good role model for our children. That's my opinion and I am sticking to it.

+ Reply to Thread