+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't wait for Next week!

Can't wait for Next week!

This week's round was a good starter, but didn't show my top picks from the auditions (Moy and Harlemm). Can't wait to see them!

* Joey needs a real job -- he's worse than Ryan!
    * Debbie's a great cheerleader - supportive without sounding like a simpering insincere pom-pom girl (paula)
    *Music industry judge honest without cruelty. I miss Simon!
    *Carnie - Lose the blonde, girl! You're a brunette, be proud. Is it just me or is she gaining weight again?
    *Jojo the dog-faced boy- what do you expect from a dj? Witty feedback.
    *Shannon - gorgeous, electric, but no great shakes a singer.
    *Danny - cute as a button, half-decent singer, salsa inserted into number for no apparent reason except to show off.
    *Mackensie - cute, pretty good singer, more into hair-tossing than dancing.
    *Alex - great! strong singer (though I hated the song), good moves, and adorable
    *Julia - mind-bogglingly gorgeous, great moves, terrified and showing it in her voice
    *Gary - pretty darned good! as JoJo the dog-face boy said, it was pretty impressive that he did an MJ song without turning it into a lame impression.

The right three made it though, IMO.

I was on the phone with my best friend about 6 times through the show. We're getting close to 40, but we chatted like schoolgirls, just like we did with AI. We both though Fame performances were better, singing not so much.

That's a very good point about Garry I think Tracker.
    People do tend to turn MJ soings into impressions.

I thought Alex had a great voice, I was surprised that he sounded so smooth.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    I am really excited to see Moy! I just have a feeling she is going to be awesome based on what I've seen so far of her. (Granted, that is not much!)

Alex is adorable and I think that makes up for alot. I think he is just nervous and it'll be fun to watch him grow. He did do a fair amount of "bumping" into people last night! Poor thing!

Yep, I liked Moy right away too.
    She has a great voice and I can dance really well too imo.

I liked Ryan Chotto too.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Fluff, I don't remember Ryan. Hey, is there any place we can go to see the contestants?? I'll have to look around for that.

Oh, and Moy. She reminds me of Frenchie. I am so looking forward to seeing her perform!

FORT Fogey

Re: Can't wait for Next week!

Originally posted by Tracker
    * Joey needs a real job -- he's worse than Ryan!
    * Debbie's a great cheerleader - supportive without sounding like a simpering insincere pom-pom girl (paula)
    *Music industry judge honest without cruelty. I miss Simon!
    *Carnie - Lose the blonde, girl! You're a brunette, be proud. Is it just me or is she gaining weight again?
    *Jojo the dog-faced boy- what do you expect from a dj? Witty feedback.
    *Shannon - gorgeous, electric, but no great shakes a singer.
    *Danny - cute as a button, half-decent singer, salsa inserted into number for no apparent reason except to show off.
    *Mackensie - cute, pretty good singer, more into hair-tossing than dancing.
    *Alex - great! strong singer (though I hated the song), good moves, and adorable
    *Julia - mind-bogglingly gorgeous, great moves, terrified and showing it in her voice
    *Gary - pretty darned good! as JoJo the dog-face boy said, it was pretty impressive that he did an MJ song without turning it into a lame impression.

The right three made it though, IMO.

I was on the phone with my best friend about 6 times through the show. We're getting close to 40, but we chatted like schoolgirls, just like we did with AI. We both though Fame performances were better, singing not so much.
    Agreed about Joey, agreed about Debbie.

I disagree on the judges - personally Simon didn't spend enough time focusing on actual ability and spent more time focusing on looks (outfit, dancing, weight, etc.), which is the job os stylists, not the judges (although I do question the stylists' judgment, at least on the girls).

I actually agreed on all of the singers as well and am really glad that both Garry and Alex made it.

Anna - on stylists: Stylists really do make a difference in a performer's presentation. Look at the difference between Clay's audition and his look now. Fame presents a very slick, professional image for the contestents. I wonder if the performers have more/less control over their image than the AI kids. But you're right - what were some of them thinking? Ankle boots? Mackensie's disaster skirt?

Originally posted by MajiH
    Fluff, I don't remember Ryan. Hey, is there any place we can go to see the contestants?? I'll have to look around for that.

Oh, and Moy. She reminds me of Frenchie. I am so looking forward to seeing her perform!
    Unfortunately this is an NBC show, they are notorious giving scant background info on their reality shows (ask Meet My Folks fans about that )

I visited the main site this morning and basically there's nothing there, no pics or bio's of the contestants.
    I hope they don't make us wait a month until we know all the finalists before putting up some photos and bio's.
    "That's Numberwang!"

When do the rappers show up? I'm liking Alex from the first group
    Bring on the Fab 5!

"I said walk, not march like a weird little troll!": Carson Kressley

"My ship works better when I kick it" Spike Spiegel(Cowboy Bebop)

i'm looking forward to next week as well!
    and fluff, i was really surprised by alex's voice as well. he was really really good, imo. i guess b/c of his age and look, i was expecting something much more "boyband."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast