+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Episode 1 05/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Livin' in the Boondocks! QueenKing's Avatar
    Cal, that girl started her intro by saying "peace and blessings..." and then Ms. Debbie put her in her place.

I loved the show! I didn't think I would but I do. The only complaint I have is that after we hear what the judges have to say then we have to hear commentary from Debbie and Joey about the artist as well. I think the hosts should remain totally unbiased (the way Ryan is on AI) and move on to the next performer.

By the way, Shannon (the blonde that looks like Britney) sucked. The brunette (can't remember her name) was so much better but I guess looks got over one more time!
    This ain't the revolution. It is entertainment. --Aaron McGruder

Livin' in the Boondocks! QueenKing's Avatar
    On a positive note, it is GREAT to see such diversity - Asian-Americans and Latinos have been so underrepresented in these reality-type shows. Nice to see America is opening up some more!!! :-)
    This ain't the revolution. It is entertainment. --Aaron McGruder

I really enjoyed the intro number.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Checking it all out!
    I wasn't impressed.
    Mizz Piper

with the entire show, or the opening number?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Regular
    I only caught the final performance last night...but it TOTALLY reminded me of the show Solid Gold...and the Solid Gold Dancers!!!

(Okay, I know...I'm dating myself here! :rolleyes

Those Flinstone's outfits on the girls were hideous....and from my brief glimpse into the show, it seemed to me that the guys were very talented, and the girls...not so much.

It's all about finding Britney's and N'sync boys. But it's okay, they are not pretending to be something they are not, it's mirroring the current pop culture. And, it's hard to dance and sing at the same time, so good for those who can do it. And the guys put up a nice dancing number, more of that stuff would be fun. Also, the diversity of cultures they represented was refreshing, going to the right direction.

Originally posted by QueenKing
    Cal, that girl started her intro by saying "peace and blessings..." and then Ms. Debbie put her in her place.
    Thanks for the correction. I miissed just enough of that sequence to twist it a bit. Debbies sarcastic putdown was still drop dead funny (as was most of her super-cool\slang dissing of the kids)

Felgercarb counter Homertojeebus's Avatar
    Originally posted by hazyshadeof
    That whole "I Go To Work" number was terrible in my not so humble opinion.

I'll probably watch next weeks show - maybe I'm being too harsh too quickly. I wasn't impressed with the first 6 though.
    I thought that number was the bomb. Only a couple of slightly rough spots, and it was live.
    Also, I'm glad I'm not going crazy. My wife swore she could not see Carnie's nipples.
    My take on this show is that they are copying unapolagetically from AI, but trying to leave out the chaff. I think the basic idea is different enough that they can both exist. AI really needs to ditch all the crappy corporate tie-ins and wall to wall padding.
    That said, the "triple threats" are not nearly as good at singing as the AI bunch. It also doesn't sound as though they restricted the show to amateurs. Finally, is it me, or is that prize a little convoluted? I think they should make the goal of this show simpler. My wife had a great idea. She said the winners should become the cast of a new show. They could use they narrowing down process to cast the leads, instead of eliminating people.
    It seems to me this show will get less exciting as the field narrows.

I also really liked the "Work" number. Lots of energy, and it makes a HUGE difference having a live band.

The judges were pretty good, but I have to say I miss having someone a bit more blunt (Simon withdrawal, I guess--the man I love to hate).

I liked the show enough to keep watching.

+ Reply to Thread