+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Episode 1 05/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

So you all liked it?

I did catch parts of the show.... and I changed the channel after that awkward 'intro' part where they all took turns coming front and centre introducing themselves in song and dance.

To be fair, I didn't catch much of it, but I'm glad to hear some positive reviews. Maybe I'll give it more of a chance next week.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Fan
    I wasn't sure if anyone else caught that one on carnie. It also seemd like the table was too high for the judges. Like they were all slouching or something.

I really liked the show last night because the talents were very diverse. Some were better dancers than singers. Some could do both, but couldn't really put it together. Some had a hip hop style, some had a classical style. I thought it was really good. I was totally suprised by the guy who did the beat box into the song. His dancing wasn't the best, but his song performance was awesome.

On a side note, did anyone else see JD Adams in the backround from the LA auditions? He didn't make it.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I love this show. I hope my fellow AI fans will enjoy this show on it's own merits and not judge it unfavorably with AI. There is a lot of outstanding talent on here and seems to be very well produced. Having a live band like Nashville Star had really adds a lot to the performances. I just hope they keep Carnie's nipples hidden from here on out. What a blooper that was!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I really liked it when Debbie put Carnie in her place. It was so cute when Carnie sank down in her chair like she wanted to crawl under the table. This show was pure entertainment for me and has big hit written all over it!!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by MattyBravo
    On a side note, did anyone else see JD Adams in the backround from the LA auditions? He didn't make it.
    I didn't see him, but I'm not surprised - both that he auditioned and that he didn't make it.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    JD was there?? LOL I was too busy keeping my eyes peeled for the Alexandra girl who shows up EVERYWHERE!

I thought that group number was both slightly awkward and highly entertaining... It was funny to see a cultural cross section of America's youth trying to "freestyle" to a classic Kool Moe Dee hip hop track, but it was also impressive to see that more than a few of them were able to pull it off without causing me to keel over in laughter.

That one kid who flowed like Eminem had me in stitches...

As for the rest of them, I could tell even from the "I Go To Work" number that we have some serious talent on our hands here!

I hope this show is successful... I'll definitely try to catch it every week.

M

BTW: I think that's H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S how they are going to add new contestants from the public to the competition... uh... does anyone have ANY idea how that could possibly work???

"Okay we are down to the final 9... we appreciate all of the hard work and sweat you have put in to make it this far, kids... but please welcome a few NEW contestants to the fold!!! We chose the hottest kids we could find so that your efforts so far might be rendered useless as shallow America picks them over your for their good looks! Good Luck!!!"
    Last edited by Mosaik; 05-29-2003 at 03:42 PM.
    ~M o s a i K~

least having rappers will make things different
    Bring on the Fab 5!

"I said walk, not march like a weird little troll!": Carson Kressley

"My ship works better when I kick it" Spike Spiegel(Cowboy Bebop)

Fade to black
    That whole "I Go To Work" number was terrible in my not so humble opinion.

I'll probably watch next weeks show - maybe I'm being too harsh too quickly. I wasn't impressed with the first 6 though.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Saw bits and parts of the show last night. The absoulte highlight was in the early auditions. There was a girl wearing an incredibly skimpy pair of briefs and top who had a religiously based name. Debbie Allen looks at her and says something like "with that name I know you're a church girl and WHAT exactly is that that are wearing MISS THING?". I almost fell on the floor laughing!!

+ Reply to Thread