+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Episode 1 05/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

And also remember you're comparing the first season of this show against the second season of the other show. Those judges and hosts have had a lot more experience, having done one before. The first AI was pretty ghastly, as I recall.

I htought they showed more energy than AI, but even some that were picked were absolutely scary! Carnie Wilson, you got to give her credit for wearing that heinous top(we get that you lost it, we don't need to see it on national tv) and Debbie is waaaaayy past her leather pants wearing days. All in all though it was pretty entertaining.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Yeah, those pants on Debbie weren't too attractive and I'll give credit to Carnie if she uses it to buy a new top! That one was horrid! EEK! Nipples. I'm still shuddering.

Originally posted by John
    And also remember you're comparing the first season of this show against the second season of the other show. Those judges and hosts have had a lot more experience, having done one before. The first AI was pretty ghastly, as I recall.
    Yes it was in parts.
    The second season of AI was far more polished imo.

I don't think Fame will replace AI in my affections, but it's a pretty good substitute.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Oh, and Spegs?? Thanks for the KIND compliment. I'm a huge Kiefer fan. Love this pic of him and LOVE 24. Next to Alias and The Shield, my favorite show.

I will admit to not reading all the posts so far, but I have to say that I was suprised to read a few that thought these people weren't as taleted as those on AI.

I have to disagree. In my opinion all the ones that made it through have more talent than the AI kids.

PLUS, they have the benefit of working with Debbie. They are damn lucky. Even the one's who left last night. One dance class with her would be awesome. The judges seemed pretty fair and I think Joey is a cutie.... if he'd open his eyes a little

I am going to enjoy this so much more than AI (Of course I lost interest in AI pretty quickly this season
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I really enjoyed this show and will probably watch the whole series. My biggest complaint was the choice of songs. Some were okay, but most of them were disco songs that are really hard to sing and even harder to be expressive with. Even the one Broadway song ("Don't Rain on My Parade") was a difficult one.

I think that Judy Ho's biggest problem was her song and nerves - I'd be willing to bet that she's usually a much better performer than we saw last night.

Did you notice that Carnie's shirt under the net one changed after the first segment? I couldn't believe they had her on TV with exposed nipples! Didn't she have breast implants after her weight loss? I seem to remember that, but maybe she just had them lifted.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by cali
    I am going to enjoy this so much more than AI (Of course I lost interest in AI pretty quickly this season
    SAME HERE!

I got so bored with AI after about the fourth week of the finals that I started just watching the Wednesday edition, and just the last five minutes of that to see who got voted off. It will be fun to see more than just people singing a song. And, can I say again that I LOVE Debbie Allen in this role! She is the perfect combination of supportive and firm with a little bit of attitude!

My heart will always be with AI, but I like this, too. Other than country or heavy metal, any show with singing and dancing is up my alley. I picked the top 3 correctly, but was basing it on who I thought the judges would choose. Personally, I thought Garry had the most overall triple-3 talent of this group of six. Good summer show.
    Sing & dance the night away!

i agree with you, cali. i really enjoyed this show and actually think i will like it better than AI... which lost my interest quite quickly this season. i was never able to form a favorite in ai2 like i was in the original. however, i am loving the whole Fame thing. i love that they have a live band with backing vocalists that save us from facing a bunch of vegas style arrangements. i love that they dance in a group, sing solo, then dance in a smaller group. and they are all more talented as a whole than the group on ai. plus, alex captured my attention in his initial audition. when he sang i knew he would be my fave. what a smooth voice he had!!

i think this show is well put together... however, i was less than pleased that i was forced to see carnie's nipples.

+ Reply to Thread